3 Ways To Conquer Anxiety By Changing Routine
HealthyPlace Mental Health Newsletter
Here's what's happening on the HealthyPlace site this week:
- 3 Ways To Conquer Anxiety By Changing Routine
- Little Changes Can Be The Most Impactful
- Most Popular HealthyPlace Articles Shared by Facebook Fans
- From the HealthyPlace Mental Health Blogs
- Stand Up for Mental Health
- Latest Mental Health News
3 Ways To Conquer Anxiety By Changing Routine
Many people struggle with daily habits that if not done correctly would cause panic and anxiety. There are little ways to slowly step outside the box and tiptoe away from the norm. Doing this will not only help you find healthy ways to deal with the anxiety (which comes with change), but will show you how the little things in life can sometimes be the toughest to change.
Little Changes Can Be The Most Impactful
Once you get settled and used to a schedule, it can be tough trying to change just one or two aspects of that routine. However, there are small (almost silly) ways to work towards becoming more open to change and less anxious about it:
- Park in a Different Spot. Once you begin parking in a similar space day after day, it becomes robotic and without thought. You go straight to the same place every day. Try parking in a different spot every day, just to challenge your anxiety and prove to yourself that mixing it up is not as tiring as it may have seemed.
- Change up the Bathroom Stall. As odd as it may seem, many people will go to the same bathroom or bathroom stall day-in and day-out without even blinking an eye at it. Instead of mimicking your daily footsteps, change it up!
- Try a Different Route. Sometimes the same route to and from work or school makes the most sense when trying to avoid traffic, but can become dull and boring. Make it an adventure and discover a new way home. If you get lost, that's what GPS and SmartPhones are for.
Articles Related to Anxiety and Routine
- Stopping Your Compulsions
- Coaching Flexibility to the Overly Rigid Child
- Change a Thought, Change Anxiety
Today's Question: How do you react to making changes in your life? We invite you to participate by commenting and sharing your feelings, experiences and knowledge on the HealthyPlace Facebook page and on the HealthyPlace Google+ page.
Share our Stories
At the top and bottom of all our stories, you'll find social share buttons for Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest and other social sites. If you find a particular story, video, psychological test or other HealthyPlace feature helpful, there's a good chance others in need will too. Please share.
We also get many inquiries about our linking policy. If you have a website or blog, you can link to any page on the HealthyPlace website without asking us beforehand.
Most Popular HealthyPlace Articles Shared by Facebook Fans
Here are the top 3 mental health articles HealthyPlace Facebook fans are recommending you read:
- Psychological Abuse: Definition, Signs and Symptoms
- For Loved Ones, After a Suicide Attempt
- Social Media and Your Kid’s Self Esteem
If you're not already, I hope you'll join us/like us on Facebook too. There are a lot of wonderful, supportive people there.
From the HealthyPlace Mental Health Blogs
On all our blogs, your comments and observations are welcomed.
- Why Treatment for Trauma is So Important for Children (Mental Health Treatment Circle Blog)
- Steps to Self-Care for Depression (Coping with Depression Blog)
- Challenges of Living with Anxiety (Anxiety-Schmanxiety Blog)
- Unlock Happiness by Taking Yourself Less Seriously and How A Mother’s Life Can Be Blissful (Living A Blissful Life Blog)
- Did Antidepressant Black Box Warnings Increase Suicides? (Breaking Bipolar Blog)
- Movie, “Welcome to Me”: An Offensive Depiction of Borderline (More Than Borderline Blog)
- Mental Illness and Violence: Shattering the Myths (Recovering From Mental Illness Blog)
- PTSD Education: What Do You Know About Posttraumatic Stress Disorder? (Trauma! A PTSD Blog)
- How to Overcome Your Fear of Rejection to Improve Self-Esteem and How to Feel Confident in Social Situations (Building Self-Esteem Blog)
- The Stigma of Mental Illness Psychosis (Surviving Mental Health Stigma Blog)
- Under Arrest: The Binge Eating Disorder Food Police (Binge Eating Recovery Blog)
- Social Media and the Desire to Self-Harm and Celebrating and Being Proud of Self-Harm Recovery (Speaking Out About Self-Injury Blog)
- Five Habits to Improve Your Self Image Daily (Your Mental Health Blog)
- Top 10 Anxiety-Friendly Jobs (Treating Anxiety Blog)
- What To Say To A Victim Of Domestic Violence (Verbal Abuse in Relationships Blog)
- A Letter to My Son with Mental Illness on Mother’s Day (Life with Bob)
- Creating Alters in Dissociative Identity Disorder (Dissociative Living Blog)
- Is It A Diet or An Eating Disorder? (Surviving ED Blog)
- Does Mental Illness Serve a Purpose? (Getting Through Tough Times Blog)
- The Harmful Effects of Biphobia on Mental Health (The Life: LGBT Mental Health Blog)
- Taking Inventory in Addiction and Alcohol Recovery and Advice for Regaining Control of Your Life in Early Sobriety (Debunking Addiction Blog)
- Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective Disorder and Smoking Cigarettes (Creative Schizophrenia Blog)
Feel free to share your thoughts and comments at the bottom of any blog post. And visit the mental health blogs homepage for the latest posts.
Stand Up for Mental Health
Thousands Have Joined the Stand Up for Mental Health Campaign
But we still need you. Let others know there's no shame in having depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, trichotillomania, OCD, ADHD, schizophrenia or any other mental illness.
Join the Stand Up for Mental Health campaign. Put a button on your website or blog (buttons for family members, parents, mental health professionals and organizations too). We also have covers for Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Latest Mental Health News
These stories and more are featured on our mental health news page:
- Youths Who Survive Self-Poisoning Continue To Be At Risk Of Suicide For Years
- Childhood Bullying 'Worse For Mental Health' Than Maltreatment By Adults
- Elevated Levels Of Glutamate And Serotonin May Drive Intense Aggression
- Verbal Therapy Could Block Consolidation Of Fear Memories In Trauma Victims
- Facebook Use Can Worsen As Well As Improve Mental Health Conditions
- Children With ADHD More Likely To Have Eating Disorder
- Discovery Of Communication Link Between Brain Areas Implicated In Schizophrenia
That's it for now. If you know of anyone who can benefit from this newsletter or the HealthyPlace.com site, I hope you'll pass this onto them. You can also share the newsletter on any social network (like facebook, stumbleupon, or digg) you belong to by clicking the links below. For updates throughout the week:
- circle HealthyPlace on Google+,
- follow HealthyPlace on Twitter
- follow HealthyPlace on Pinterest
- or become a fan of HealthyPlace on Facebook.
Aline, J. (2015, May 20). 3 Ways To Conquer Anxiety By Changing Routine, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2023, May 31 from https://www.healthyplace.com/other-info/mental-health-newsletter/3-ways-to-conquer-anxiety-by-changing-routine