ADD-ADHD Resources & Information
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) is one of the most common mental disorders in children and adolescents. ADHD usually becomes evident by early elementary years.
Many ADHD children grow into ADHD adults. One big problem is - most adults don't realize they have ADHD until their child is diagnosed with the disorder; then they recognize the signs and symptoms of adult ADHD in themselves.
Without treatment, ADHD can have a profoundly negative impact on both children and adults. One fourth of children with ADHD have serious learning disabilities. For ADHD adults, the disorder can affect relationships, learning, work and other aspects of life.
At HealthyPlace.com, our goal is to help you learn about ADHD and to offer you support in managing your and/or your child's ADHD symptoms. We have in-depth, trusted, up-to-date information on the diagnosis, causes and treatment of ADHD in children and adults.
Popular ADHD Articles
ADHD symptoms do contribute to poor school performance. Classroom accommodations can be extremely helpful to children with ADHD.
ADD and ADHD are neurobiological disorders which affects…
Do I have ADHD? You may ask yourself this question when you arrive late to work repeatedly, find yourself daydreaming in important meetings or lose things due to poor organization skills. Taking…
Ever wonder how adult ADD and relationships work? It's easy to fall in love. The brain sends a rush of neurotransmitters responsible for the euphoric feeling associated with falling in love. Those…
New From Living with Adult ADHD Blog
- Guanfacine vs. Adderall: What is the difference?
- What to know about executive function disorder
- Is hair loss a side effect of Adderall?
- What are the best diets for ADHD?
- What are the side effects and risks of Ritalin?
- Vyvanse vs. Adderall: What to know
- List of ADHD medications: Comparing types
- What are the side effects of Adderall?
- Concerta vs. Adderall: What's the difference?
- Ritalin vs. Adderall: What's the difference?