Trusted Mental Health Information and Dedication Earns HealthyPlace 3 Web Health Awards
HealthyPlace Mental Health Newsletter
Here's what's happening on the HealthyPlace site this week:
- HealthyPlace Wins 3 Web Health Awards
- Share Your Mental Health Experience
- "My Schizophrenic Life" On HealthyPlace TV
- "Treating Seasonal Affective Disorder on a Budget" On HealthyPlace Radio
- From HealthyPlace Mental Health Blogs
- Please Help the Child and Adolescent Bipolar Foundation
- Videos on Narcissism, Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Coaching Empathic Discipline To Disjointed Parents
It's nice to be a winner. It's nice for someone else (in this case, a panel of prominent judges) to recognize that you do good work.
This week, HealthyPlace was notified that we won 3 prestigious Web Health Awards, including a Merit Award for Best Health Website. That's an amazing accomplishment considering we were competing amongst every big name health site you can think of on the internet. (more about the judging criteria here)
We Entered Last Year and Didn't Win Anything
Of course, we didn't announce that! But we continued to improve the HealthyPlace website, incorporating many of the ideas and suggestions sent in by you, our readers, and other people who come to the site. Thank you for helping us become better.
And A Thank-You to Our Mental Health Bloggers
One of the three awards won by HealthyPlace was a Bronze Award for Best Blog for the Breaking Bipolar blog, written by Natasha Tracy. If you like shearing honesty and a real look inside what it's like living with Bipolar Disorder, you'll want to read her Breaking Bipolar blog.
Our other mental health bloggers do a great job too and have developed a loyal following. All are a big part of the HealthyPlace team and share in the Merit Award for Best Health Site.
Mental Health Experiences
Share your thoughts/experiences on any mental health subject, or respond to other people's audio posts, by calling our toll-free number (1-888-883-8045).
You can listen to what other people are saying by clicking on the gray title bars inside the widgets located on the "Sharing Your Mental Health Experiences" homepage, the HealthyPlace homepage, and the HealthyPlace Support Network homepage.
continue story below
If you have any questions, write us at: info AT healthyplace.com
Sandra Yuen MacKay shares the true story of her struggle with hallucinations, delusions and paranoia, eventual recovery and successes as a writer, artist, and advocate on this week's HealthyPlace Mental Health TV Show. (TV Show blog)
Coming in November on the HealthyPlace Mental Health TV Show
- OMG! Please Help. My Son is Addicted to Video Games
If you would like to be a guest on the show or share your personal story in writing or via video, please write us at: producer AT healthyplace.com
For all previous HealthyPlace Mental Health TV archived shows.
Heather has struggled with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) for over 15 years. To combat SAD, she devised creative and frugal ways to make winters not only bearable, but fun. She shares those on the HealthyPlace Mental Health Radio Show. (Radio Show Blog on OCD)
From HealthyPlace Mental Health Blogs
Your comments and observations are welcomed.
- Breaking Bipolar Wins a Web Health Award (Breaking Bipolar Blog)
- Need More Sleep? (Treating Anxiety Blog)
- Problem Behavior Not Always Connected to Mental Illness (Life with Bob: A Parenting Blog)
- Dissociative Identity Disorder Is Not Schizophrenia (Dissociative Living blog)
- Five Relationship Myths (The Unlocked Life Blog)
- About Angela E. Gambrel Lackey (Surviving ED Blog)
- Short-Term Solutions to BPD Symptom-Related Problems (More Than Borderline blog)
- Self-Harm Video: My Experiences and Coping Tools
- How Employees with Bipolar or Depression Can Manage Mood Changes (Work and Bipolar or Depression blog)
- How to Stay on Psych Medication
- Dissociative Identity Disorder Video: Hospitalization
- Teaching Children About the Stigma of Mental Illness
- Wanted: Anxiety Relief
Feel free to share your thoughts and comments at the bottom of any blog post. And visit the mental health blogs homepage for the latest posts.
There are over 5 million kids in the U.S. who suffer with bipolar disorder or depression. Can you spare a few minutes a day in November to help?
The Child and Adolescent Bipolar Foundation (CABF) is competing in the Pepsi Refresh contest in November for the chance to win a $250,000 award. This funding would allow the group to greatly expand their outreach and programming to help the many children, teens, young adults and families impacted by mood disorders such as depression and bipolar disorder. The key to winning this contest is getting the most votes. People can vote every day, three times (once each by Facebook, Twitter and on the Pepsi Refresh site). So the challenge is to get the word out to as many people as possible and to encourage them to take a few minutes each day to vote. Voting details are here.
Nanci Schiman, MSW, program manager of CABF reports that "We are up to 8th place and just need to move up to 2nd or 1st (and sustain that standing). We are estimating that we are currently getting about 4,000 votes per day and need to get about 8,000 per day to climb to a winning spot. So your support has the potential to give us a real boost." We hope you'll help out.
Sam Vaknin, author of the book and website Malignant Self-Love: Narcissism Revisited intimately understands the subject of narcissism. To help you gain insight, Sam has created an extensive collection of videos on narcissism, Narcissistic Personality Disorder and the narcissist. You won't find anything like it on the internet. The narcissism videos are grouped by topic:
- Narcissist Videos: What Makes the Narcissist Tick
- Videos Related to Abuse Issues, Abuser Partners, Abuse Victims
- Videos for Friends and Family of the Narcissist
- The Narcissist and Other Disorders Videos
For those of us who co-parent, either with a spouse or ex-spouse, we know that when it comes to disciplining our kids, sometimes there's disagreement on whether the offense deserves stiff punishment or leniency. And you know what that means - manipulation! How do you tackle child manipulation? The Parent Coach, Dr. Steven Richfield, has the answer.
If you know of anyone who can benefit from this newsletter or the HealthyPlace.com site, I hope you'll pass this onto them. You can also share the newsletter on any social network (like facebook, stumbleupon, or digg) you belong to by clicking the links below. For updates throughout the week,
Staff, H. (2010, November 11). Trusted Mental Health Information and Dedication Earns HealthyPlace 3 Web Health Awards, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2022, November 26 from https://www.healthyplace.com/other-info/mental-health-newsletter/trusted-mental-health-information-and-dedication-earns-healthyplace-3-web-health-awards