Managing Panic Attacks: HealthyPlace Newsletter
Here's what's happening on the HealthyPlace site this week:
- Prescription Assistance
- "Managing Your Panic Attacks" On HealthyPlace TV
- Follow-up on the 'Dear Dad' Letter
- Additional Insights on Abuse
- Are You Interested in Alternative Mental Health Treatments?
With the economy in bad shape, many with mental health concerns write us asking where they can get help with paying for their psychiatric medications and mental health services (this link is a table of contents page listing every article we have on the subject). We have two major sections on the site that address those issues:
Our guests successfully overcame their debilitating panic attacks. Find out how. Share your opinion and get insight into effective ways to treat panic disorder, panic attacks from our Medical Director, Dr. Harry Croft.
This Tuesday night, April 14. The show starts at 5:30p PT, 7:30 CT, 8:30 ET and airs live on our website.
- TV Show Blog with this week's show info
- Dr. Harry Croft's blog post on "How to Manage Your Panic Attacks"
- Symptoms of a panic attack, how to identify panic disorder, what causes panic disorder, treatment for panic disorder and Panic Disorder self-test.
- Click here for a list of previous HealthyPlace Mental Health TV Shows.
In the second half of the show, you get to ask Dr. Harry Croft, your personal mental health questions.
Last week's personal story from Roberta Hart, detailing her experiences with child abuse and the impact it had on her, compelled many people to write in and share their thoughts.
continue story below
Maryann: "Similar to Roberta, I witnessed my mother sexually abusing my brother. I was 13 at the time and was afraid and didn't know what to do. Today, I live with the guilt of my brother's suicide at the age of 22."
DeeDee: "I'm writing to tell you that some "letters to abusers" end up causing more harm than good. I wrote a 5 page letter to my abuser who was still alive at the time. Instead of an apology, I got a lot of denial and my parents and brothers refuse to even talk to me. I'm a complete outcast in my family and to tell you the truth, I feel very alone and wish I hadn't written that letter."
And finally, this note from Michael: "Regretfully, I'm like Roberta Hart's father, an alcoholic who stole my daughter's childhood. I am in recovery, but I will never be able to recover from the pain and suffering that I have caused. Every day, it is difficult for me to live with what I have done."
- How Child Abuse Affects Children
- How Does Physical Abuse Impact A Child?
- Impact of Psychological Abuse on Children's Mental Health and Emotional Well-being
- Adults Sexually Abused as Children (Adult Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse)
- Reporting Child Abuse
- All HealthyPlace Articles on Abuse
Many people are. The National Institute of Health reports over 30% of people with psychiatric disorders have tried alternative mental health treatments from diet and nutrition to self-help and various types of therapies. In the HealthyPlace Alternative Mental Health Community, we have comprehensive information on alternative treatments for mental health conditions including:
Staff, H. (2009, April 14). Managing Panic Attacks: HealthyPlace Newsletter, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2024, March 1 from https://www.healthyplace.com/other-info/mental-health-newsletter/managing-panic-attacks