Standing Up for Mental Health
HealthyPlace Mental Health Newsletter
Here's what's happening on the HealthyPlace site this week:
- Standing Up for Mental Health
- New Mental Health Quotes on Images
- Help Spread Awareness of Mental Illness
- Most Popular HealthyPlace Articles Shared by Facebook Fans
- From the HealthyPlace Mental Health Blogs
- Balancing Nurturance With Control When Your Child Is Melting Down
The message behind the "Stand Up for Mental Health" campaign is really resonating with people. In the week since we launched, hundreds have joined the campaign. The message is simple:
If you are waiting for everyone to be educated about mental health and hoping they will accept you after that, it could be a very long wait. You can end mental health stigma today. Don't tolerate it in your life. "Stand Up to stigma. Stand Up for Yourself. Stand Up for Mental Health."
People, like Danielle and Joanne Shortell are putting Stand Up for Mental Health buttons on their websites and blogs spreading awareness of the campaign and letting others know, they too can Stand Up. There's also people like Celine Sheard and Terrie Horvatic who are proudly displaying campaign covers on their Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest sites. And mental health professionals, like Dr. Carolynn Langsdale and Dr. Lee Keyes, are showing their support for the "Stand Up for Mental Health" campaign.
It's Time to Stand Up
There are some 46 Million American women, men and children with mental health disorders. Many are still in hiding because of stigma and shame. It's time for this to end. We, and those 46 million people, need you. If you have a website, blog, or social profile, please join us. Isn't it time you stood up for mental health?
You can share your thoughts about the Stand Up for Mental Health campaign. We invite you to participate by commenting and sharing your feelings, experiences and knowledge on the HealthyPlace Facebook page.
- Stand Up for Mental Health Campaign Homepage
- Standing Up to Mental Health Stigma Stories
- Mental Health Stigma Videos
- What is Stigma?
- Stigma and Discrimination: The Effect of Stigma
- Stand Up For Mental Health And Stand Up For Yourself
- Demystifying Mental Health: Stigma Is Itself A Fear
We have a new section on the HealthyPlace.com website with mental health quotes and sayings set against beautiful, shareable images. The different categories are below. Each day, we'll be adding one new mental health quote or saying to a category.
- Quotes on Abuse
- Quotes on Addiction, Addiction Recovery
- Quotes on Anxiety
- Quotes on Bipolar
- Depression Quotes and Sayings About Depression
- Quotes on Mental Illness Stigma
Get Our Mental Health Blog Widget
Nearly 180 sites and blogs are helping spread awareness of mental illness. How about putting our mental health blogs widget on your website, blog or social page? The latest HealthyPlace blog headlines appear as soon as the articles are posted on our site. Just click "Get Widget" at the bottom of the widget, grab the embed code and paste it into your page. You'll also see embed links for Wordpress, Blogger, Linkedin and other social sites there.
As a bonus, put the blogs widget on your site or blog, email us (info AT healthyplace.com) with a page link where it appears, and we'll give a shoutout to your site, blog, or social site on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
continue story below
Share our Stories
At the top and bottom of all our stories, you'll find social share buttons for Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest and other social sites. If you find a particular story, video, psychological test or other HealthyPlace feature helpful, there's a good chance others in need will too. Please share.
We also get many inquiries about our linking policy. If you have a website or blog, you can link to any page on the HealthyPlace website without asking us beforehand.
Here are the top 3 mental health articles HealthyPlace Facebook fans are recommending you read:
- Take an Online Stress Test
- Worst Things to Say to a Person with Bipolar
- How to Stop Panic Attacks and Prevent Panic Attacks
If you're not already, I hope you'll join us/like us on Facebook too. There are a lot of wonderful, supportive people there.
Mental Health Experiences
Share your thoughts/experiences with any mental health subject, or respond to other people's audio posts, by calling our toll-free number (1-888-883-8045).
You can listen to what other people are saying by clicking on the gray title bars inside the widgets located on the "Sharing Your Mental Health Experiences" homepage, the HealthyPlace homepage, and the HealthyPlace Support Network homepage.
If you have any questions, write us at: info AT healthyplace.com
On all our blogs, your comments and observations are welcomed.
- Causes of Horrific Violence (Your Mental Health Blog)
- Fear, You Are Not Welcome Here!(video) (Anxiety-Schmanxiety Blog)
- If You’re Not On Bipolar Medications, Does That Make You A Stronger Person? (Breaking Bipolar Blog)
- Brain Change and PTSD: Proof Recovery is Possible (Trauma! A PTSD Blog)
- Don’t Let the Media Make You Insecure (Building Self-Esteem Blog)
- Remembering the Forgotten: Your Response to Dementia (Surviving Mental Health Stigma Blog)
- Three Steps You Can Take Today to Promote Mental Health Tomorrow (Recovering From Mental Illness Blog)
- Mental Health Treatment: Letter to the Governor (Mental Illness in the Family Blog)
- A Little Hope Can Go A Long Way (Life with Bob Blog)
- Codependency in LGBT Relationships (The Life: LGBT Mental Health and Relationships Blog)
- Does Substance Use Make Borderline Personality Disorder Symptoms Worse? (More Than Borderline Blog)
- Secrets in Eating Disorder Recovery, Part Two (Surviving ED Blog)
- If Mental Illnesses Had To Recruit (Funny in the Head: A Mental Health Humor Blog)
- Keeping a Healthy Perspective in Early Addiction Recovery (Debunking Addiction Blog)
- How To Make Good Friends After Leaving Abuse (Verbal Abuse and Relationships Blog)
- Schizophrenia Poetry Series (Creative Schizophrenia Blog)
- Inside a Tipping Point (Living with Adult ADHD Blog)
- Reducing Anxiety and Self-Injury Urges With Natural Supplements (Speaking Out About Self-Injury Blog)
- More Myths About Mental Illness (Coping with Depression Blog)
Feel free to share your thoughts and comments at the bottom of any blog post. And visit the mental health blogs homepage for the latest posts.
Do you call your kids Mr. or Ms. Meltdown? Our parenting coach, Dr. Steven Richfield, has advice on how to handle meltdowns in children?
That's it for now. If you know of anyone who can benefit from this newsletter or the HealthyPlace.com site, I hope you'll pass this onto them. You can also share the newsletter on any social network (like facebook, stumbleupon, or digg) you belong to by clicking the links below. For updates throughout the week:
- circle HealthyPlace on Google+,
- follow HealthyPlace on Twitter
- follow HealthyPlace on Pinterest
- or become a fan of HealthyPlace on Facebook.
(2013, January 30). Standing Up for Mental Health, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2021, April 17 from https://www.healthyplace.com/other-info/mental-health-newsletter/standing-up-for-mental-health