Mental Illness and Anger
HealthyPlace Mental Health Newsletter
Here's what's happening on the HealthyPlace site this week:
- Mental Illness and Anger
- Managing the Effects of Anxiety on HealthyPlace TV
- Most Popular HealthyPlace Articles Shared by Facebook Fans
- From the HealthyPlace Mental Health Blogs
Do you have anger issues? Have you found it difficult to control your anger?
If you look down the symptom list of various mental illnesses, you'll see "anger" there. Anger is connected with depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, ADHD, personality disorders and others. Why is anger a symptom of mental illness? For the most part, people without mental health problems aren't carrying a lot of anger inside over a prolonged period of time. They also have the capacity to control their anger. For those with a mental health condition, anger can be simmering below the surface ready to bubble up at a moment's notice.
There's also the issue of depression and impulsivity. When a person is depressed, many times they don't care how they come across. And with impulsivity, a lack of control, a person may just blurt out their feelings and not think about the ramifications.
Bill MacPhee has schizophrenia and is owner of Schizophrenia Magazine. In this video, he talks about mental illness and anger from a patient's perspective.
- Thoughts That Trigger Anxiety and Anger and Can Ruin Relationships
- Anger, a Symptom of PMDD
- I Choose Anger Instead of Depression
- Constructive Tips to Resolve Anger and Conflict
- Anxiety and Anger Management via Egg Projectile Therapy (video)
- Anger Management Techniques: How To Deal With Deep Feelings of Anger and Explosive Rage
- How to Manage ADHD Anger in Adults
Share our Stories
At the top and bottom of all our stories, you'll find social share buttons for Facebook, Google+, Twitter and other social sites. If you find a particular story, video, psychological test or other HealthyPlace feature helpful, there's a good chance others in need will too. Please share.
We also get many inquiries about our linking policy. If you have a website or blog, you can link to any page on the HealthyPlace website without asking us beforehand.
Here are the top 3 mental health articles HealthyPlace Facebook fans are recommending you read:
If you're not already, I hope you'll join us/like us on Facebook too. There are a lot of wonderful, supportive people there.
Your comments and observations are welcomed.
- My Path to Positive Thinking (Building Self-Esteem Blog)
- Anger Is Anxiety’s Evil Twin (Anxiety-Schmanxiety Blog)
- Talking to Critics of Psychiatry (Antipsychiatrists) (Breaking Bipolar Blog)
- Perception and Self-Stigmatization (Surviving Mental Health Stigma Blog)
- What Mental Illness Has Taught Me About Empathy (Recovering From Mental Illness Blog)
- Families and Mental Illness: Education Empowers (Mental Illness in the Family Blog)
- Sleepless Schizoaffective Disorder (Creative Schizophrenia Blog)
- How Did You Brainwash Me? (Verbal Abuse and Relationships Blog)
- Summertime and Eating Disorder Recovery (Surviving ED Blog)
- Borderline Personality Disorder and the "I Let It Happen” Myth (More Than Borderline Blog)
- What NOT To Say To A Mentally Ill Person (Funny in the Head: A Mental Health Humor Blog)
- The Gift of Drug Addiction Recovery (Debunking Addiction Blog)
- Work and Life Balance with Adult ADHD (Living with Adult ADHD Blog)
- Anger is a Secondary Emotion (Coping with Depression Blog)
Feel free to share your thoughts and comments at the bottom of any blog post. And visit the mental health blogs homepage for the latest posts.
Managing anxiety isn’t always about taking antianxiety medications. Watch therapist, Jodi Aman, discuss her holistic approach to managing anxiety. It works for many.
That's it for now. If you know of anyone who can benefit from this newsletter or the HealthyPlace.com site, I hope you'll pass this onto them. You can also share the newsletter on any social network (like facebook, stumbleupon, or digg) you belong to by clicking the links below. For updates throughout the week:
- circle HealthyPlace on Google+,
- follow HealthyPlace on Twitter
- follow HealthyPlace on Pinterest
- or become a fan of HealthyPlace on Facebook.
Staff, H. (2012, June 22). Mental Illness and Anger, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2022, June 29 from https://www.healthyplace.com/other-info/mental-health-newsletter/mental-illness-and-anger