Anxiety Self-Help Homepage
Everybody knows what it's like to feel anxious--the butterflies in your stomach before a first date, the tension you feel when your boss is angry, the way your heart pounds if you're in danger. Anxiety rouses you to action. It gears you up to face a threatening situation. It makes you study harder for that exam, and keeps you on your toes when you're making a speech. In general, it helps you cope.
But if you have an anxiety disorder, this normally helpful emotion can do just the opposite--it can keep you from coping and can disrupt your daily life. Anxiety disorders aren't just a case of "nerves." They are illnesses, often related to the biological makeup and life experiences of the individual, and they frequently run in families.
An anxiety disorder may make you feel anxious most of the time, without any apparent reason. Or the anxious feelings may be so uncomfortable that to avoid them you may stop some everyday activities. Or you may have occasional bouts of anxiety so intense they terrify and immobilize you.
I know what it's like. I've suffered with anxiety disorder for over 10 years. My mission is one of prevention, education, and support for those experiencing persistent anxiety, panic attacks, phobias, fears, and obsessive worry.
- Alternative Treatments for Anxiety Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders - Diagnostic Criteria
- Anxiety Treatments that Worked for Me
- Breathing Techniques to Calm Anxiety and Panic
- Causes of Anxiety Disorders
- Diagnostic Interview Schedule for Children (NIMH-DISC)
- Inspirational Messages and Poems
- Inspirational Poems
- Medications for Anxiety
- Medications for Anxiety Disorders Chart
- My Story of Panic
- Relaxation Techniques for Relief of Anxiety and Stress
- Self Hypnosis To Achieve Deep Relaxation
- Treatment for Anxiety Disorders
- A Conversation with God
- Certain Life Experiences Can Cause Anxiety Disorders
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy For Anxiety and Panic
- Support for Anxiety Sufferers
- The Importance of Breathing Through Your Nose
Staff, H. (2007, February 19). Anxiety Self-Help Homepage, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2023, December 3 from https://www.healthyplace.com/anxiety-panic/articles/anxiety-self-help-homepage