Anxieties Site Homepage
The Anxieties Site, a free internet self-help site for persons suffering from anxiety, panic attacks, phobias, obsessive-compulsive disorder - OCD, fear of flying and post traumatic stress disorder -PTSD
Welcome to The Anxieties Site, the free self-help site for people with anxiety. Here you will find a wealth of information, literally at your fingertips.
I'm Dr. Reid Wilson. One disclaimer before you begin:
The information on this site is not designed to give you a diagnosis or to treat an illness. This site contains general reference information and is not intended as a substitute for consulting with your physician. The author assumes no responsibility for any adverse effects that may result from your use of this information.
That said, let's get started...
- If you already know what you are looking for, then you may go directly to that self-help program (the list on the left or bottom of this page).
- If you think you are suffering from an anxiety problem, but aren't sure what kind of problem you have, then take our Self-assessment Questionnaire.
- If you would like to use a book or self-help kit at home, you may purchase one in our self-help store section.
- If you have worked with these skills already and are having trouble, or are needing one-on-one guidance, then I'd be happy to coach you directly on your self-help skills.
Table of contents:
- Anxiety Disorder Self-Assessment Questionnaire
- Panic Attacks: Introduction
- Change Your Attitude! Change 1
- Step 1: Difficulty Breathing
- Step 1: Multiple Symptoms
- Step 1: Check Out All the Physical Symptoms
- Don't Panic: Taking Control of Anxiety Attacks
- Step 1 (GAD): How To Handle Worries I
- Welcome ! What are Social Phobias?
- The Seven Issues in Recovery From Social Anxiety
- Fear of Flying: Summary
- Have a Nice Flight!
- Anxiety Medication Profiles
- Benzodiazepines for Treatment of Anxiety and Panic Attacks
- STEP 2: (GAD) Practice Formal Relaxation Skills I
- Guidelines for Anxiety Medication Use
- Tricyclic Antidepressants (TCAs) for Treatment of Anxiety and Panic Attacks
- Welcome ! Generalized Anxiety: Summary
- STEP 3 (GAD): Practice Your Breathing Skills II
- Welcome ! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: Summary
- OCD Self-Help Resources for Home
- Stopping Your Compulsions
- About Dr. Reid Wilson
- Welcome ! Treating Anxiety Disorders: New Help Has Arrived!
- Anticonvulsants for Treatment of Panic Attacks
- Change Your Attitude! Change 3
- Beta-Blockers for Treatment of Anxiety and Panic Attacks
- About Dr. Reid Wilson
- Dr. Reid Wilson Resume
- Dr. Wilson as Your Anxiety Coach
- Change Your Attitude! Change 7
- Step 7: Approach Your Goals Through Small Steps
- How Safe is Commercial Flight?
- Increase Your Skills Through the Panic Attack Self-Help Program
- Learning How to Fly Comfortably
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors Treatment of Anxiety and Panic Attacks
- Step 5: Practice Formal Relaxation Skills - Part 2
- OCD Self-Assessment Questionnaire
- Step 1: Physical Disorders with Panic-Like Symptoms
- Step 4: Practice Your Breathing Skills
- Step 1: Rapid or Irregular Heart Rate
- Step 1: Side Effects of Medications
- Social Anxiety: Challenge Your Negative Observer
- Social Anxiety: Practice Your Skills
- SSRIs for Treatment of Anxiety and Panic Attacks
- The Four Challenges of Recovery From OCD
- Step 2: Understand Your Body's Emergency Response
Staff, H. (2009, January 1). Anxieties Site Homepage, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2022, May 29 from https://www.healthyplace.com/anxiety-panic/articles/anxieties-site-homepage