Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: A Research Based Guide
Detailed information on drug addiction treatment including components of the most effective drug treatment program.
- Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment Preface
- FAQ: Defining Drug Addiction Treatment
- FAQ: Difficulty in Quitting Drug Addiction
- FAQ: Effectiveness of Drug Addiction Treatment
- FAQ: Length of Drug Addiction Treatment
- FAQ: What Helps People Stay in Drug Treatment?
- FAQ: Medications for Drug Addictions
- FAQ: Criminal Justice System's Role in Treating Drug Addiction
- FAQ: Drug Addiction Treatment and AIDS
- FAQ: 12-Step, Self-Help Programs for Drug Addiction
- FAQ: Role of Family-Friends in Drug Treatment
- FAQ: Cost-Effectiveness of Drug Treatment
- Drug Addiction Treatment in the U.S.
- General Categories of Drug Treatment Programs
- Treating Criminal Justice-Involved Drug Abusers and Addicts
- Scientifically Based Approaches to Drug Addiction Treatment
- Alcohol, Cocaine Relapse Prevention
- The Matrix Model
- Supportive-Expressive Psychotherapy
- Individualized Drug Counseling
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Behavioral Therapy for Adolescents
- Multidimensional Family Therapy (MDFT) for Adolescents
- Multisystemic Therapy (MST)
- Combined Behavioral and Nicotine Replacement Therapy for Nicotine Addiction
- Community Reinforcement Approach (CRA) Plus Vouchers
- Voucher-Based Reinforcement Therapy in Methadone Maintenance Treatment
- Drug Abstinence Contingencies and Vouchers
- Drug Addiction, Substance Abuse Resources
Source: National Institute of Drug Abuse, "Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: A Research Based Guide."
Staff, H. (2009, January 2). Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: A Research Based Guide, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2020, April 8 from https://www.healthyplace.com/addictions/articles/principles-of-drug-addiction-treatment-guide