Binge Eating Disorder Test - Do I Have Binge Eating Disorder?
A binge eating test can help someone identify whether they possibly have binge eating disorder or compulsively overeat. Binge eating disorder is characterized by compulsively eating large amounts of food in a short period of time; this is known as bingeing. Someone with binge eating disorder binges frequently and continues to do so for months.
Binge eating often has a huge impact on a person, their life and eating habits, and these can be discovered through a binge eating quiz.
Take Binge Eating Test
This binge eating disorder test will help you determine if you binge eat and whether you should seek help for binge eating disorder. For this binge eating quiz, think about your daily life and answer "yes" or "no" to the following questions:1
- Do you feel out of control when you're eating?
- Do you think about food all the time?
- Do you eat when you're not hungry?
- Do you hide or stockpile food?
- Do you eat in secret?
- Do you eat until you feel sick?
- Do you eat when you are stressed or worried or eat to comfort yourself?
- Do you feel disgusted, ashamed or depressed after eating?
- Do you feel powerless to stop eating, even though you want to?
- Do you feel numb when overeating, like you're not really there?
- Do you always feel dissatisfied no matter how much you eat?
- Do you overeat at least once a week?
- Are you overweight or obese?
Print Binge Eating Disorder Test Results to Share with Doctor
Have you answered "yes" to any of the above binge eating quiz questions? If so, watch your eating over the next few months and consider consulting with a doctor or therapist. You may have binge eating disorder or are in danger or developing binge eating disorder. Changing the eating habits noted on this binge eating test is easiest when they are detected early. (stop binge eating)
If you answered "yes" to four or more of the above binge eating quiz questions, you should make an appointment with a doctor or therapist to discuss your eating behaviors and the results of this binge eating quiz. Ask a friend or family member to help you keep track of your eating habits.
If you answered "yes" to six or more questions in this binge eating test, immediately request an appointment with a doctor or therapist to rule out an eating disorder. Share the results of this binge eating disorder test with your health care professional. Your doctor or therapist will likely ask you questions similar to those found here as part of the evaluation.
Last Updated: 14 May 2016
Reviewed by Harry Croft, MD