Don’t Wait Until New Year’s To Implement Your Goals
Every year, I make a list a couple weeks before New Year’s of the things that I want to accomplish in the upcoming year. I tell myself that I will start working on my list on January 1 of the new year, and that this year will be my best one yet.
Come February, I’m back to my old ways.
It always seems as if everyone’s New Year’s goals are all the same: start going to the gym and losing weight, begin eating healthier, and so on, but this year, let’s make a vow to do things differently.
My New Year's Resolution List:
- Tell the people I care about that I love them daily.
- Start learning and building my spirituality, and start implementing it in my daily life. If you want to start meditating, do it! Begin daily devotionals if that's what you want to do.
- Keep my goals and accomplishments up to date. Keep a list of them visible for you to see easily to remind yourself that anything is possible.
- Save up some money. Try to alleviate as much stress as possible, such as saving up money to not live from paycheck to paycheck.
- Create a special place to relax and unwind at the end of the day.
- Spend a day reading and writing somewhere relaxing and different. These places can include a park, a coffee shop, or anywhere else you find relaxing.
- Pay for the beverage of the person behind me at the coffee shop.
- Tell myself every day that I’m important.
What are your goals for this year? Do you plan to implement them throughout the year, or do you start a new list at the beginning of every year?
Poe, A. (2013, December 10). Don’t Wait Until New Year’s To Implement Your Goals, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2023, December 10 from https://www.healthyplace.com/blogs/bipolarvida/2013/12/dont-wait-until-new-years-to-implement-your-goals