Articles on Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID)
Do you have questions about Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) / Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD)?
We have some answers, along with information on treatment plans, how to select a therapist, and more.
Please keep in mind the information below is for educational purposes only and should not be treated as medical, psychiatric or psychological advice. Nothing here is intended to be for medical diagnosis or treatment or a substitute for consultation with a qualified therapist or medical professional.
As views on various topics may differ greatly, even amongst professionals, we encourage you to take your questions and concerns to your personal therapist or medical doctor.
For easier viewing while off-line, you can click FILE, then SAVE AS in the menu bar at the top of your browser, enabling you to read and/or print the article later.
- Terminology: Common terms used when discussing Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID)/ Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD).
- FAQ Sheet: Including things to look for in deciding whether you may need to seek further evaluation.
- MPD/DID Key Findings Quick Facts: From the National Foundation for the Prevention and Treatment of Multiple Personality.
- Questionnaire: Is it possible you have an ego state disorder? Do you dissociate? This questionnaire may help you decide if you should get help now.
- Understanding Dissociative Disorders Through Dissociative Signs and Symptoms
- An Overview of Diagnosis and Treatment: by Joan A. Turkus, M.D.
- Aspects of the Treatment of Multiple Personality Disorder: From the book by Richard P. Kluft, M.D.
- The Treatment Of Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD): Current Concepts: Volume 5 -lesson 24 Richard P. Kluft, M.D., PH.D, F.A.P.A.
- Uses Of Hypnosis with Multiple Personality by Bennett G. Braun, M.D.
- Projective Techniques in the Counseling Process: by Arthur J. Clark
- Rating Your Psychotherapist: A list of things to look for in a Psychotherapist and/or a way to rate your current Psychotherapist.
- Potential Triggers: Things that may bring on switching, panic, memories and such.
- Tips for Managing Triggers: When YOU choose to process.
- Switching Characteristics: Common and not so common.
- Discerning Alter Personalities from Demons James G. Friesen, Ph.D.
- Inner Faces Of Multiplicity: Contemporary Look at a Classic Mystery by Jacklyn M. Pia.
- Child Abuse And Multiple Personality Disorder: Philip M. Coons, M.D. Department of Psychiatry. Indiana University School of Medicine.
- Multiple Personality, Mirrors of a New Model Mind: From Investigations; Institute of Noetic Sciences.
- The People Inside by Edward Dolnick.
- What You Can Change and What You Can't Excerpted From The Book: What You Can Change and What You Can't by Martin E. P. Seligman.
- Considering Suicide? Questions and Links.
Staff, H. (2008, December 3). Articles on Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID), HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2020, July 13 from https://www.healthyplace.com/abuse/wermany/articles-on-dissociative-identity-disorder