Secrets to a Lasting Relationship
From "The Six Secrets to a Lasting Relationship."
- Time doesn't heal; truth heals.
- Ecstasy cannot last but it can carve a channel for something lasting.
- It is much easier to be alone before you've been in love than after.
- Marriage is our last best chance to grow up.
- Sex is a conversation carried out by other means.
- What you don't talk through grows into a wall you cannot break through.
- One of the greatest turn-ons is removing a turn-off.
- There is no greater or keener pleasure than that of bodily love.
- Cheat in a marriage by having an affair with your spouse.
- Maturity is doing the right thing even if you feel like doing the wrong thing.
- Parents only die to more effectively meddle in their children's affairs.
- Earn your own respect and you will earn your partner's too.
- Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the tests first and the lessons afterward.
- Take action when you fall out of like, and you won't fall out of love.
- The firmer you resolve to enjoy, the less you need to resolve.
- The rebel can never find peace.
- Think of what matters to them ahead of time, and you will matter to them all the time.
- Without emotional trust, you can't have emotional intimacy.
- Trust too much and you end up hurt; trust too little and you end up alone.
- Trust is in the eye of the beholder and in the behavior of the beheld.
- Trust but verify.
- After you've been hurt, the wrong lesson is don't trust again - the right lesson is to trust wisely.
- When you have earned forgiveness and your partner still won't forgive you, you are not unforgivable - they are unforgiving.
- Men and women are not from different planets. They are both from the planet earth.
- You can't put yourself in someone else's shoes and step on their toes at the same time.
- A successful marriage/relationship is an edifice that must be rebuilt every day.
- The truth is that everything you say and do, and everything you don't say and do, counts for something.
Staff, H. (2008, November 26). Secrets to a Lasting Relationship, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2020, August 4 from https://www.healthyplace.com/relationships/healthy-relationships/secrets-to-a-lasting-relationship