PTSD and Stress Disorders Community
PTSD and Stress Disorders Resources & Information
"Living with panic disorder feels like my soul is being sucked out of my body. During my first panic attack, I really thought I was having a heart attack. It's the most terrifying feeling I've ever experienced."
Anxiety Disorders are the most common mental illness in the U.S., affecting 19.1 million (13.3%) of the adult U.S. population (ages 18-54).
Anxiety disorders are serious mental illnesses. These disorders fill people's lives with overwhelming anxiety and fear, but many don't realize that effective treatments for anxiety disorders are available.
Here, you'll find comprehensive, trusted information on the signs, symptoms, causes and treatments for all types of Anxiety Disorders. We also have anxiety tests that are immediately scored. You can share the results with your doctor or a therapist. And for support, we hope you'll join our anxiety forums and chat.
Popular PTSD and Stress Disorders Articles
New From Trauma! A PTSD Blog
PTSD and Stress Disorders News
- Emotional overeating in children linked to home environment not genes
- Study finds first molecular genetic evidence of PTSD heritability
- Orange essential oil may improve symptoms of PTSD, say researchers
- Reduction of post-traumatic stress symptoms associated with noninvasive technology
- Weighted blankets for anxiety: Uses and benefits
Mental Health Newsletter
Sign up for the HealthyPlace mental health newsletter for latest news, articles, events.