Your Mental Health in 2013
HealthyPlace Mental Health Newsletter
Here's what's happening on the HealthyPlace site this week:
- Announcement This Coming Monday
- The "Your Mental Health Blog"
- Help Spread Awareness of Mental Illness
- Most Popular HealthyPlace Articles Shared by Facebook Fans
- Mental Health Experiences
- From the HealthyPlace Mental Health Blogs
- Understanding Exercise Addiction on HealthyPlace TV
During the last half of 2012, we started working on a mental health project at HealthyPlace that we hope will initiate some real change. We'll be announcing the details on Monday morning at 9 am CT, 10 ET. If you subscribe to our newsletter, you'll be getting an email. We'll also be talking about it on our social sites; Facebook, Twitter and Google+. We hope you'll not only check it out, but once you learn about the project, you'll want to join us and participate.
With the new year, we're also introducing a new blog. It's called the "Your Mental Health Blog." Each week, we'll have a new guest author talk about a different aspect of mental health. You can read more about the "Your Mental Health Blog" here. And if you're interested in being a guest author, you'll find the details on the blog.
What are your mental health goals for 2013? We invite you to participate by commenting and sharing your feelings, experiences and knowledge on the HealthyPlace Facebook page.
Get Our Mental Health Blog Widget
Nearly 150 sites and blogs are helping spread awareness of mental illness. How about putting our mental health blogs widget on your website, blog or social page? The latest HealthyPlace blog headlines appear as soon as the articles are posted on our site. Just click "Get Widget" at the bottom of the widget, grab the embed code and paste it into your page. You'll also see embed links for Wordpress, Blogger, Linkedin and other social sites there.
As a bonus, put the blogs widget on your site or blog, email us (info AT healthyplace.com) with a page link where it appears, and we'll give a shoutout to your site, blog, or social site on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Share our Stories
At the top and bottom of all our stories, you'll find social share buttons for Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest and other social sites. If you find a particular story, video, psychological test or other HealthyPlace feature helpful, there's a good chance others in need will too. Please share.
We also get many inquiries about our linking policy. If you have a website or blog, you can link to any page on the HealthyPlace website without asking us beforehand.
continue story below
Here are the top 3 mental health articles HealthyPlace Facebook fans are recommending you read:
- Codependency and Addiction: Helping the Addict and the Significant Other
- How Self-Help Can Profoundly Help You
- How to Help Someone with a Mental Illness
If you're not already, I hope you'll join us/like us on Facebook too. There are a lot of wonderful, supportive people there.
Share your thoughts/experiences with any mental health subject, or respond to other people's audio posts, by calling our toll-free number (1-888-883-8045).
You can listen to what other people are saying by clicking on the gray title bars inside the widgets located on the "Sharing Your Mental Health Experiences" homepage, the HealthyPlace homepage, and the HealthyPlace Support Network homepage.
If you have any questions, write us at: info AT healthyplace.com
On all our blogs, your comments and observations are welcomed.
- ADHD Child: New Year, New Awareness (Life with Bob Blog)
- New Year Intentions: Mental Self-Care (The Life: LGBT Mental Health and Relationships Blog)
- Tricks and Tactics Of Anxiety: It Likes To Confuse Us (Anxiety-Schmanxiety Blog)
- The Best of the Breaking Bipolar Blog in 2012 (Breaking Bipolar Blog)
- Hope, Help and Happiness: A Mental Health Holiday Wish List (The Bipolar Griot Blog)
- New Year, Old PTSD Problem (Trauma! A PTSD Blog)
- Achieve Your Goals This Year With Some TLC (Building Self-Esteem Blog)
- Q and A with ‘Electroboy’ Andy Behrman (pt 2) (Surviving Mental Health Stigma Blog)
- Mental Illness: Do Not Diagnose Yourself (pt.1) (Recovering From Mental Illness Blog)
- Families Dealing with Mental Illness Left to Cope Alone (Mental Illness in the Family Blog)
- A Broken System: Mental Illness and Correctional Facilities (pt 2) (More Than Borderline Blog)
- Mental Healthy New Year’s Resolutions For 2013 (Funny in the Head: A Mental Health Humor Blog)
- A New Year and a New Start in Addiction Recovery (Debunking Addiction Blog)
- Open Up About Domestic Abuse…Please (Verbal Abuse and Relationships Blog)
- Schizophrenia Poetry Series (Creative Schizophrenia Blog)
- Mental Illness – When Your Family Won’t Believe You (Speaking Out About Self-Injury Blog)
- Are Your New Year’s Resolutions Aiding Your Eating Disorder Recovery? (Surviving ED Blog)
- Don’t Fear Adversity (Coping with Depression Blog)
Feel free to share your thoughts and comments at the bottom of any blog post. And visit the mental health blogs homepage for the latest posts.
Susan Moore, Program and Exercise Coordinator at the Renfrew Center on Philadelphia, discusses over-exercising and exercise addiction. Learn how to know if you are overexercising and what steps must be taken to deal with this issue. Watch.
That's it for now. If you know of anyone who can benefit from this newsletter or the HealthyPlace.com site, I hope you'll pass this onto them. You can also share the newsletter on any social network (like facebook, stumbleupon, or digg) you belong to by clicking the links below. For updates throughout the week:
- circle HealthyPlace on Google+,
- follow HealthyPlace on Twitter
- follow HealthyPlace on Pinterest
- or become a fan of HealthyPlace on Facebook.
Staff, H. (2013, January 4). Your Mental Health in 2013, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2021, October 24 from https://www.healthyplace.com/other-info/mental-health-newsletter/your-mental-health-in-2013