Sleep Disorders and Mental Illness: HealthyPlace Mental Health Newsletter
HealthyPlace Mental Health Newsletter
Here's what's happening on the HealthyPlace site this week:
- Sleep Problems, Sleep Disorders and Your Mental Health
- Share Your Mental Health Experiences
- "PTSD as a Result of Child Abuse" On HealthyPlace TV
- From HealthyPlace Mental Health Blogs
- Restoring Trust In Your Child After A Trust Rupture
Did you know sleep disorders can be symptoms of mental illness or cause mental illness? Plus sleep disorders have an impact on existing mental illness. That's just some of the information contained in a new section on the HealthyPlace website on Sleep Disorders and Sleep Problems.
Not only do we cover the types of sleep disorders and their signs, symptoms, causes and treatments, but this special section has detailed information on:
- ADHD and Sleep Disorders
- Alcoholism, Addictions and Sleep Disorders
- Anxiety and Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder and Sleep Disorders
- Depression and Sleep Disorders
You might also want to watch our video interview with HealthyPlace Medical Director, Dr. Harry Croft, on sleep disorders and mental health.
Mental Health Experiences
Share your thoughts/experiences on sleep problems you may have, how they impact your life and mental health, by calling our toll-free number (1-888-883-8045).
You can listen to what other people are saying by clicking on the gray title bars inside the widgets located on the "Sharing Your Mental Health Experiences" homepage, the HealthyPlace homepage, and the HealthyPlace Support Network homepage.
If you have any questions, write us at: info AT healthyplace.com
"PTSD as a Result of Child Abuse" On HealthyPlace TV
Melissa says child abuse and a later car accident in which her boyfriend died, led to her development of PTSD. The PTSD symptoms make it impossible for her to hold a regular job. In addition to discussing what it's like living with PTSD, Melissa describes a flashback, how PTSD has impacted her social life, and how PTSD treatment is helping. That's on this week's HealthyPlace Mental Health TV Show.
continue story below
Watch the interview with our guest, Melissa, currently featured on the HealthyPlace Mental Health TV Show website until next Wednesday; on-demand after that.
- What It's Like Living with PTSD (tv show blog)
Next Week on the HealthyPlace Mental Health TV Show
- The Challenges of Parenting A Child with a Mental Illness (Angela McClanahan, Life with Bob blog)
If you would like to be a guest on the show or share your personal story in writing or via video, please write us at: producer AT healthyplace.com
For all previous HealthyPlace Mental Health TV archived shows.
Your comments and observations are welcomed.
- How Do I Convince My Friend To Get Help For Bipolar Disorder? (Breaking Bipolar Blog)
- Anxiety and Panic. How Does It Feel? The $64,000 Question (Treating Anxiety Blog)
- Dealing With My Child's Irrational Fear (Life with Bob: A Parenting Blog)
- What Is Dissociation? Part 2: Derealization (Dissociative Living blog)
- How to Tell If This Person is 'The One' (The Unlocked Life Blog)
- Video: My Irrational Bipolar Brain Makes Me Hate Myself
- Medication Non-Compliance
- What Is Dissociation? Part 1: Depersonalization
- Video: Season Change Can Impact Psychiatric Symptoms in Children
- Panic Attacks: The Longest 2 Minutes of Your Life
- Families With A Mentally Ill Child Can Use A Break
- How to Fight Nicely
Feel free to share your thoughts and comments at the bottom of any blog post. And visit the mental health blogs homepage for the latest posts.
As a parent myself, I realize that as part of the growing up process, our children do things that cause us to lose trust in them. This week, a parent writes into Dr. Steven Richfield, The Parenting Coach, with that exact problem:
We've lost our trust in our 12 year old daughter after a recent event and don't know where to go from here. Help!
If you're facing a similar situation, take a look at Dr. Richfield's solution.
Staff, H. (2010, September 23). Sleep Disorders and Mental Illness: HealthyPlace Mental Health Newsletter, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2020, February 18 from https://www.healthyplace.com/other-info/mental-health-newsletter/sleep-disorders-and-mental-illness-healthyplace-mental-health-newsletter