Hard to Treat Depression: HealthyPlace Mental Health Newsletter
HealthyPlace Mental Health Newsletter
Here's what's happening on the HealthyPlace site this week:
- Hard to Treat Depression
- Mental Health Experiences
- "Binge Eating Disorder" on HealthyPlace TV
- "The Damaging Stigma of Schizophrenia" on HealthyPlace Radio
- From HealthyPlace Mental Health Blogs
For some of our newer readers this may be a surprise, but depression can be very difficult to treat. We get emails almost daily from people saying they've tried "x" or "y" antidepressant and they're still not feeling better.
If you are in that boat too, we have a new section on the HealthyPlace website on Hard to Treat Depression. What some call treatment-resistant depression, isn't treatment resistant, but just hard-to-treat depression. To help yourself, and maybe even educate your doctor, learn about severe depression that is hard to treat.
- Depression Treatment For Hard-to-Treat Depression
- Depression Treatment Goals
- Possible Causes of Hard to Treat Depression
- Self-Assessment: Do I Have Hard to Treat Depression?
- Standard Course of Treatment for Major Depressive Disorder
- Medication Treatment Options for Hard to Treat Depression
- Antipsychotic Medications For Treatment of Depression
- Therapy For Hard to Treat Depression
- Other Treatment Options for Hard to Treat Depression
continue story below
Later in January, we'll be adding new videos to this section. We'll let you know about that in an upcoming newsletter.
Share your thoughts/experiences on "hard to treat depression" or any mental health subject, or respond to other people's audio posts, by calling our toll-free number (1-888-883-8045).
You can listen to what other people are saying by clicking on the gray title bars inside the widgets located on the "Sharing Your Mental Health Experiences" homepage, the HealthyPlace homepage, and the HealthyPlace Support Network homepage.
If you have any questions, write us at: info AT healthyplace.com
There are more people living with Binge Eating Disorder than with Anorexia and Bulimia combined, yet Binge Eating Disorder doesn't get the same media attention. Chevese Turner, founder and CEO of the Binge Eating Disorder Association, discusses her struggle with binge eating, the difference between binge eating and simply overeating, and the importance of her organization on this week's HealthyPlace Mental Health TV Show. (TV Show blog)
Coming in January on the HealthyPlace Mental Health TV Show
- Exercise Addiction
- Difficult Issues Facing Adult Survivors of Child Abuse
If you would like to be a guest on the show or share your personal story in writing or via video, please write us at: producer AT healthyplace.com
For all previous HealthyPlace Mental Health TV archived shows.
Schizophrenia is one of the most stigmatized mental illnesses. Because of some highly publicized incidents, many in the general public tend to think of people living with Schizophrenia (sometimes referred to as schizophrenics) as violent and uncontrollable. We discussed the damaging stigma of Schizophrenia with our guest, Marvin Ross, a medical writer and publisher based in Ontario. He began doing more extensive research on Schizophrenia when his son became ill. He hoped that a candid discussion of the disease, its causes and treatment, would improve understanding and reduce stigma. That led to his writing "Schizophrenia: Medicine's Mystery Society's Shame." That's on this week's HealthyPlace Mental Health Radio Show.
Your comments and observations are welcomed.
- Antidepressants Worsening Bipolar: Getting Off Antidepressants (Breaking Bipolar Blog)
- Anxiety: Mostly Harmless? Let's Try a Few Facts (Treating Anxiety Blog)
- Talk Therapy and Children (Life with Bob: A Parenting Blog)
- My Mental Health Is More Important Than My Pride (Dissociative Living blog)
- The Relationship Rejuvenator: Date Night (The Unlocked Life Blog)
- Eating Disorders Recovery: Staying With The Process (Surviving ED Blog)
- When Borderline Personality Disorder Is a Crime (More Than Borderline blog)
- Dissociative Identity Disorder Video: Dissociative Memory
- Life Lessons Hard to Learn for Children with Mental Illness
- Is Anxiety Poisoning Your Personal Relationships?
- Should Antidepressants Be Used to Treat Bipolar Disorder?
- Healthy Eating Habits Start Young
Feel free to share your thoughts and comments at the bottom of any blog post. And visit the mental health blogs homepage for the latest posts.
If you know of anyone who can benefit from this newsletter or the HealthyPlace.com site, I hope you'll pass this onto them. You can also share the newsletter on any social network (like facebook, stumbleupon, or digg) you belong to by clicking the links below. For updates throughout the week,
We know it's the start of the holiday season and all of us here at HealthyPlace wish you a peaceful one.
(2011, January 13). Hard to Treat Depression: HealthyPlace Mental Health Newsletter, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2021, April 13 from https://www.healthyplace.com/other-info/mental-health-newsletter/hard-to-treat-depression-healthyplace-mental-health-newsletter