The Purpose of the Mental Health Recovery Website
- educate people about recovery and the self help tools and strategies they can use to relieve psychiatric symptoms, or that they can share with others;
- acquaint them with the Wellness Recovery Action Plan which can be used by people with any kind of illness or issue;
- to empower people to take back control of their own lives;
- expand people's thinking about mental health care and treatment;
- reduce stigma against people who experience psychiatric symptoms;
- introduce you to self-help books and the other related resources;
- share stories of hope and recovery;
- and inform people of up-coming workshops and trainings.
I hope you get a lot from my site. I'm glad you came by.
next: Suicide: Not a Good Idea
~ back to Mental Health Recovery homepage
~ depression library articles
~ all articles on depression
Staff, H. (2008, December 26). The Purpose of the Mental Health Recovery Website, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2023, March 31 from https://www.healthyplace.com/depression/articles/purpose-of-mental-health-recovery-website
Last Updated: June 20, 2016