Feeling Insecure? 12 Quotes to Improve Your Confidence
Did you know that you can use quotes to improve your confidence? Sometimes a quick self-esteem boost can come from the wise words of others (Famous Quotes for Building Self-Esteem). Whether your feeling overwhelmed, disappointed (in yourself or someone else) or need a reality check, these quotes can help you.
When I'm feeling down or notice that I'm being too hard on myself I look for inspiration. I'm often drawn to quotes on social media because they help me snap back into a positive state of mind. Words are powerful. I become more aligned with my purpose, more confident and inspired. You can use quotes to improve your confidence and break free from insecure thinking patterns (How to Control Your Emotions and Feel Confident). Here are 12 of my favorite.
12 Quotes to Improve Your Confidence and Boost Self-Esteem
- “You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” Louise L. Hay
- “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." Buddha
- "You can't make people be or do what you want. All you can do is be unapologetic about what you want and let others show up however they can." Gabrielle Bernstein
- "Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice." Wayne Dyer
- Don’t compromise yourself. You are all you’ve got." Janis Joplin
- “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” Howard Washington Thurman
- "We can learn to feel good about ourselves not because we’re special and above average, but because we’re human beings intrinsically worthy of respect." Dr. Kristin Neff
- "It’s surprising how many persons go through life without ever recognizing that their feelings toward other people are largely determined by their feelings toward themselves, and if you’re not comfortable within yourself, you can’t be comfortable with others.” Sidney J. Harris
- “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” Marianne Williamson
- "Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most importantly, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." Steve Jobs
- "Never be afraid of failure or disappointment, because those are just temporary experiences on the path to your dreams coming true." Doreen Virtue
- "If you want to reach a state of bliss, then go beyond your ego and the internal dialogue. Make a decision to relinquish the need to control, the need to be approved, and the need to judge. Those are the three things the ego is doing all the time. It's very important to be aware of them every time they come up." Deepak Chopra
Emily is a psychotherapist, she is intensively trained in DBT, she the author of Express Yourself: A Teen Girls Guide to Speaking Up and Being Who You Are. You can visit Emily’s Guidance Girl website. You can also find her on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.
LPC, E. (2016, July 21). Feeling Insecure? 12 Quotes to Improve Your Confidence, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2019, July 20 from https://www.healthyplace.com/blogs/buildingselfesteem/2016/07/feeling-insecure-12-quotes-to-improve-your-confidence