The First Book of LifeSkills
10 Ways to Maximize Your Personal and Professional Potential
"Wise and powerful guidelines that will help
lead you to the life you deserve!"
Og Mandino, Bestselling Author
The Greatest Salesman in the World
Success doesn't happen by accident. . .
In the "First Book of LifeSkills" you will learn:
- Success strategies that enlighten and empower.
- Valuable insights on developing close personal and business relationships.
- Inspiring thoughts and powerful ideas about living life to its fullest and being the best you can be.
- How to multiply your personal effectiveness by developing a network that supports you and your goals.
- How to increase productivity, profitability and your personal prosperity.
- How to find inspiration and motivation from within. . . not without.
- The value and the tremendous benefits of business networking.
- How to be accountable for the choices you make and how to accept responsibility for the consequences of your actions.
- How to acknowledge others for their contribution to you; saying "Thank You" in special ways.
- . . . Plus more than 160 quips and quotes from successful people that will motivate and inspire you to action!
"This is a highly thought-provoking book that can help anyone determine the areas in their lives which needs fine tuning and get moving on making those positive changes."
Tom Hopkins, Professional Speaker/Author,
How to Master the Art of Selling
"The First Book of LifeSkills" was Larry's first book. It was adapted from his popular seminar, "Networking: Making the Right Connections." Larry James is an example of what he speaks and writes about. On June 4, 1985, he founded "The Tulsa Business Connection" considered by many to be one of the most successful business networking groups in Oklahoma. While living in Tulsa he assisted in the development of 9 other networking groups. Larry has been called "America's Guru of Networking!"
Larry began selling Grit Newspapers when he was 10 years old. During his selling career, he has been a sales associate, sales manager, sales trainer, consultant and coach to thousands of people.
"Larry James has charted a terrific guide for personal and professional excellence. Easy to read and simple to apply, any of us can find great value in the wisdom of his work."
Nido R. Qubein, Chairman,
Creative Services, Inc.
This book is devoted to the process of developing close personal and business relationships that work. It is a book committed to persaonal development and career management. It's about skills that you must fine-tune in order for your life to work better. It explores skills, abilities, values, concepts, new thoughts, ways of being and behaviors that are necessary to maximize your personal and professional potential.
There is something here for everyone, whether you are in sales or management, network marketing, a mother, a father, in school, out of school, or a household executive. (NOTE: More than 52,000 people in network marketing have benefited from this book since it was re-released in September, 1998).
No matter what or where you are in life, you will find that "The First Book of LifeSkills" can make a contribution to you personally and professionally.
Chapter V. . . Be Yourself!
Demonstrate your own authenticity. Be unto others as you would have them be unto you.
Be yourself! Integrity is the issue here. Shakespeare said, "To thine own self be true." Stop pretending! Quit being a phoney! Be real. People like to be around people who are real.
People who are being themselves are truly comfortable with themselves, have a healthy self image and are less concerned about what people think of them than most other people. They enjoy living life like an adventure! Being yourself demonstrates self-confidence.
Copyright © MCMXCVIII - Larry James.
From the book "The First Book of LifeSkills: 10 Ways to Maximize Your Personal and Professional Potential."
Staff, H. (2008, November 30). The First Book of LifeSkills, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2021, November 29 from https://www.healthyplace.com/relationships/celebrate-love/the-first-book-of-lifeskills