Treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder: HealthyPlace Newsletter
Here's what's happening on the HealthyPlace site this week:
- Is It Possible to Treat Borderline Personality Disorder?
- Can Borderline Personality Disorder Be Effectively Treated? on HealthyPlace TV
- Coaching The Inattentive Child
- Coping with Depression
Earlier this month, we received an email from one of the viewers of the HealthyPlace TV Show. Tara writes:
I was diagnosed after around 15 years of not knowing why my world seemed so different to other people. I firmly believe that it isn't that we can't be treated, but that so few health professionals actually understand the real implications of how Borderline Personality Disorder affects its sufferers. We are treated as though we try to be problematic, but when you know that people simply cannot understand us, the frustration boils into desperation and anger. My terror of being alone seems so unreasonable to most people. For example, I find 20 reasons to go to a shop when I could have gone once. I know it doesn't make sense. We need more doctors to stop writing us off and to try to help us make more sense of what we go through every day. I was treated at Springfield Hospital, where for the first time I actually found out what was going on.
Many with Borderline Personality Disorder live a life full of frustration and to make matters worse, it's very difficult to even find a therapist who wants to work with someone who has BPD. But some mental health professionals are beginning to acknowledge that treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder can have a positive impact.
We'll be exploring that more on tonight's HealthyPlace TV show.
Many mental health professionals believe that you can't treat Borderline Personality Disorder. However, our guest says she has recovered from Borderline Personality Disorder and she'll be here to share her story.
This Tuesday night, June 9. The show starts at 5:30p PT, 7:30 CT, 8:30 ET and airs live on our website.
- TV Show Blog with this week's show info
- Dr. Harry Croft's Blog on Borderline Personality Disorder: Symptoms to Treatment
In the second half of the show, you get to ask Dr. Harry Croft, your personal mental health questions.
Also in June on HealthyPlace TV
- Child Abuse and Its Impact Later in Life
- Your Child's Mental Health: What Every Parent Should Know
If you would like to be a guest on the show or share you personal story in writing or via video, please write us at: producer AT healthyplace.com
continue story below
Click here for a list of previous HealthyPlace Mental Health TV Shows.
More Information on Borderline Personality Disorder
- What is Borderline Personality Disorder
- What Causes Someone To Develop A Personality Disorder
- Treatment of Personality Disorders
- Therapy for Treatment of Personality Disorders
- Diagnosing Borderline Personality Disorder And Finding Treatment That Works
- Living With and Recovering From Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Transforming Borderline Personality Disorder Into A Healing Experience
- Life on the Border site at HealthyPlace.com
Do you have a child with ADHD or a child who is extremely inattentive? In a new article, Parent coach, Dr. Steven Richfield has some suggestions to help your child improve his/her focus and efficiency.
As more becomes known about ADHD, it's now an accepted fact that many ADHD kids grow into ADHD adults. And many of these ADHD adults are not only turning to traditional ADHD treatment methods like medication and therapy, but they are hiring an ADHD coach to help them maximize their potential.
If you're looking for some more tips and success stories on managing and living with ADHD (child and adult), try this link.
Whether you are coping with an eating disorder, bipolar disorder, anxiety, or any of the other mental health conditions, depression usually becomes a problem. After all, just the stress and strain of living with a mental health disorder, is enough to cause someone to become depressed and give up hope that their situation will improve. But recent studies reveal that people who seek help for depression experience significant relief.
So what can you do to help treat your depression?
- Where to Get Help for Depression
- Getting the Right Treatment for Depression
- Antidepressant Medications: What You Need to Know
- Alternative Depression Treatments and Alternative Treatments for Depression
- How Psychotherapy Helps People Recover From Depression
back to: HealthyPlace.com Newsletter Index
Staff, H. (2009, June 9). Treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder: HealthyPlace Newsletter, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2020, February 22 from https://www.healthyplace.com/other-info/mental-health-newsletter/treatment-of-borderline-personality-disorder