Helping The Child and Adolescent Bipolar Foundation (CABF)
HealthyPlace Mental Health Newsletter
Here's what's happening on the HealthyPlace site this week:
- Please Continue to Help the Child and Adolescent Bipolar Foundation
- Share Your Mental Health Experience
- "My Son is Addicted to Video Games" On HealthyPlace TV
- "I'm More Than Borderline" On HealthyPlace Radio
- From HealthyPlace Mental Health Blogs
Last week, we told you The Child and Adolescent Bipolar Foundation (CABF) is competing in the Pepsi Refresh contest in November for the chance to win a $250,000 award.
The CABF is a worthy organization and we asked for your help. And our newsletter readers and HealthyPlace community members responded. Here's the email we received from Nanci Schiman, MSW, program manager of CABF:
"A huge thank you from all of the staff and members at CABF for your support of CABF. Since your newsletter went out today, we've moved from 8th place up to 5th! WOW, that's the biggest jump yet for us and everyone is excited and energized. The boost we got from HealthyPlace is second to none - jumping 3 spots in one day is unprecedented. A heartfelt thank you to everyone who has been voting for CABF and we appreciate your continued support!"
This funding would allow the group to greatly expand their outreach and programming to help the many children, teens, young adults and families impacted by mood disorders such as depression and bipolar disorder.
The key to winning this contest is getting the most votes. People can vote every day, three times (once each by Facebook, Twitter and on the Pepsi Refresh site). So the challenge is to get the word out to as many people as possible and to encourage them to take a few minutes each day for the rest of November to vote. Voting details are here.
There are over 5 million kids in the U.S. who suffer with bipolar disorder or depression. Can you spare a few minutes a day for the remaining 13 days in November to help? It's going to take a big push to get CABF into first or second place; the only places that count when it comes to getting the award.
Mental Health Experiences
Share your thoughts/experiences on any mental health subject, or respond to other people's audio posts, by calling our toll-free number (1-888-883-8045).
You can listen to what other people are saying by clicking on the gray title bars inside the widgets located on the "Sharing Your Mental Health Experiences" homepage, the HealthyPlace homepage, and the HealthyPlace Support Network homepage.
If you have any questions, write us at: info AT healthyplace.com
Shortly after the suicide death of Laurie's husband, their 14 year old son entered the world of video game addiction. Now he's dropped out of school and his entire day consists of playing video games, eating and sleeping. On top of that, Laurie's struggling to find him help. That's on this week's HealthyPlace Mental Health TV Show. (TV Show blog)
continue story below
Still to Come in November on the HealthyPlace Mental Health TV Show
- Abducted. Raped. And Coming Out as a Male Survivor
If you would like to be a guest on the show or share your personal story in writing or via video, please write us at: producer AT healthyplace.com
For all previous HealthyPlace Mental Health TV archived shows.
"I'm More Than Borderline" on HealthyPlace Radio
The stigma of Borderline Personality Disorder makes it difficult for sufferers to find treatment. Listen as HealthyPlace blogger, Becky Oberg, discusses her struggles and successes on the HealthyPlace Mental Health Radio Show.
From HealthyPlace Mental Health Blogs
Your comments and observations are welcomed.
- How to Stay On Psych Medication - Bonus Tips - Video (Breaking Bipolar Blog)
- Treating Anxiety, PTSD, Depression: Why Crazy Isn't Always Crazy (Treating Anxiety Blog)
- Lack of Concrete Psychiatric Diagnosis Can Be Frustrating and Scary for Parents (Life with Bob: A Parenting Blog)
- 3 Ugly Truths about Dissociative Identity Disorder (Dissociative Living blog)
- The Art of Assertiveness: Learning to Say "No" (The Unlocked Life Blog)
- Recovery From Eating Disorders Is Possible — At Any Age (Surviving ED Blog)
- Can One Put A Price On The Right to Heal? (More Than Borderline blog)
- Sleep Problems and Bipolar Disorder or Depression (Work and Bipolar or Depression blog)
- Mental Illness Requires Treatment: You Can't Get Better Alone
- Causes of Insomnia. Sleep Aids and Natural Anxiety Remedies
- Passing as Normal with Dissociative Identity Disorder
- You Think There's Only Darkness, Hopelessness: You Are Wrong
Feel free to share your thoughts and comments at the bottom of any blog post. And visit the mental health blogs homepage for the latest posts.
If you know of anyone who can benefit from this newsletter or the HealthyPlace.com site, I hope you'll pass this onto them. You can also share the newsletter on any social network (like facebook, stumbleupon, or digg) you belong to by clicking the links below. For updates throughout the week,
Staff, H. (2010, November 18). Helping The Child and Adolescent Bipolar Foundation (CABF), HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2020, September 27 from https://www.healthyplace.com/other-info/mental-health-newsletter/helping-the-child-and-adolescent-bipolar-foundation-cabf