Goodness in the World: HealthyPlace Mental Health Newsletter
HealthyPlace Mental Health Newsletter
Here's what's happening on the HealthyPlace site this week:
- Goodness in the World
- Share Your Mental Health Experiences
- Most Popular HealthyPlace Articles Shared by Facebook Fans
- From HealthyPlace Mental Health Blogs
- Your Thoughts: From the HealthyPlace Forums and Chat
- How to Put Mindfulness to Work for You
- How Do You Prevent Suicide?
I am here to tell you there is goodness in the world. Despite the images we are bombarded with showing murder and mayhem, sadness and misery at seemingly every turn, there is true beauty around us and there are caring people everywhere.
Relationships and Mental Illness blogger, Deltra Coyne, recently discovered this beautiful fact: There are people who really care about her.
But what really focused my attention on this matter is an X-Factor video of UK contestant, Lascel Wood. Lascel's mother has bipolar disorder and Lascel was placed in foster care at a very young age. In fact, Lascel had been in 25 foster homes over his 20 year life. In a pre-audition interview, he discussed his life, being back with his mother and understanding that his mother had an illness and what happened to him wasn't her fault.
Watch this entire video. Pay attention to the words spoken by this 20 year old. Notice the way he looks at this mother after singing. Have a lot of tissues nearby.
Oh yes, there is goodness in the world. With open eyes, mind and heart, look around you. You don't have to search far to find it.
Share your thoughts/experiences with any mental health subject, or respond to other people's audio posts, by calling our toll-free number (1-888-883-8045).
You can listen to what other people are saying by clicking on the gray title bars inside the widgets located on the "Sharing Your Mental Health Experiences" homepage, the HealthyPlace homepage, and the HealthyPlace Support Network homepage.
If you have any questions, write us at: info AT healthyplace.com
Here are the top 4 mental health articles HealthyPlace Facebook fans are recommending you read:
- My Bipolar Brain - My Bipolar Rock
- Comprehensive Suicide Information and Suicide Hotline Numbers.
- "High-Functioning" Bipolar Disorder
- Examples of Verbal Abuse
If you're not already, I hope you'll join us/like us on Facebook too. There are a lot of wonderful, supportive people there.
Your comments and observations are welcomed.
- Funny In The Head Goes Hollywood (Funny in the Head: A Mental Health Humor Blog)
- Recovering from Mental Illness: Flashbacks and the Fear of Relapse (Recovering From Mental Illness Blog)
- Is It a Psych Med Side Effect? (Breaking Bipolar Blog)
- With Bipolar, You Always Know Who Your Friends Are (Relationships and Mental Illness Blog)
- Why Keep Talking about Mental Illness? (Mental Illness in the Family Blog)
- For the Abused, What is Justice? (Verbal Abuse and Relationships Blog)
- What Do I Tell My Partner About Panic? (Treating Anxiety Blog)
- Dreaming . . . Of A World Without Eating Disorders (Surviving ED Blog)
- How High Should Parents Set Standards for Children with Mental Illness? (Life with Bob: A Parenting Blog)
- Recovery Outside of AA: Incorporating the 12 Steps in My Own Way (Debunking Addiction Blog)
- Simple Office Organization Tips for People with ADHD (Living with Adult ADHD Blog)
- Tips For Seeing the Psychiatrist (Mental Health for the Digital Generation Vlog)
- Warning! Depression is Dangerous! Or Something... (Addaboy! Adult ADHD Blog)
- Borderline Personality Disorder and Romantic Relationship Readiness (More Than Borderline Blog)
- Dissociative Identity Disorder Video: State-Dependent Memory (Dissociative Living Blog)
- Verbal Abuse: A False Fight
- The Self-Destructive Nature of Fear
- Temperature Dysregulation and Bipolar Meds - Or Why I'm So Cold
- Removing the Labels of Mental Illness
- Dissociative Identity Disorder Makes Hard Times Harder
- Preparing for Seasonal Affective Disorder
- The Importance of Insincerity (video)
continue story below
Feel free to share your thoughts and comments at the bottom of any blog post. And visit the mental health blogs homepage for the latest posts.
From our Mental Health Forums, Crystl is asking for advice and support to cope with her depression. "I am 23 years old. Lately, I have been feeling really weird and not myself. I have no energy because I have trouble going to sleep at night. I feel I have no interest in doing anything and just am self-loathing." Sign into the forums and share your thoughts and comments.
Join us on the HealthyPlace Mental Health Forums and Chat
You must be a registered HealthyPlace member. If you aren't already, it's free and takes less than 30 seconds. Just click the "register button" at the top of the page.
At the bottom of the forums page, you'll notice a chat bar (similar to facebook). You can chat with any registered member on the forums site.
We hope you'll be a frequent participant and share our support link with others who may benefit.
California psychologist, Melanie Greenberg, PhD, discusses how she's using mindfulness and cognitive behavioral therapy techniques to help her patients with depression, anxiety, eating disorders, and other mental health and physical conditions. Watch this week's HealthyPlace Mental Health TV Show. (How to Put Mindfulness to Work for You: Empowering Yourself to Heal - TV Show blog)
Other Recent HPTV Shows
- Mental Illness and Relationships: It's Complicated
- I Didn't Know I Had Major Depression
- Surviving A Long-Lasting Battle with Severe Depression
Coming in September on the HealthyPlace Mental Health TV Show
- What Those Living with ADHD Just Don't Get
- How OCD Effects Relationships and Social Life When You're A Teen
If you would like to be a guest on the show or share your personal story in writing or via video, please write us at: producer AT healthyplace.com
For all previous HealthyPlace Mental Health TV archived shows.
Suicide prevention. People talk about it, but is preventing someone from committing suicide really possible? We discuss that with Robert Gebbia, Executive Director of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. That's on this edition of the HealthyPlace Mental Health Radio Show. Listen to How Do You Prevent Suicide?.
Other Recent HealthyPlace Radio Shows
- How To Support an Adult Loved One with Mental Illness. Cindy Nelson has a sister with a serious mental illness, Schizophrenia. She says it's a delicate balance between being a caregiver and a sister.
If you know of anyone who can benefit from this newsletter or the HealthyPlace.com site, I hope you'll pass this onto them. You can also share the newsletter on any social network (like facebook, stumbleupon, or digg) you belong to by clicking the links below. For updates throughout the week,
Staff, H. (2011, September 22). Goodness in the World: HealthyPlace Mental Health Newsletter, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2021, May 9 from https://www.healthyplace.com/other-info/mental-health-newsletter/goodness-in-the-world-healthyplace-mental-health-newsletter