ECT and A Courageous Recovery From Depression
Here's what's happening on the HealthyPlace site this week:
- Things Not Working Out? Delete Your Relationship
- Share Your Mental Health Experiences
- "ECT and A Courageous Recovery From Depression" On HealthyPlace TV
- From HealthyPlace Mental Health Blogs
- Coaching Your Child to Be More Flexible
I thought I'd share something with you that was really frightening today. One of our interns came in and announced she was breaking up with her boyfriend. Her boyfriend texted her earlier in the morning with the news that the 2 year relationship was over.
As you might imagine, this young lady was very upset. She was crying. A few of us tried to console her. This went on for about an hour and we went back to work. By 2 p.m., I dropped by her desk and saw she was doing something on her iphone. "How are you doing," I asked.
"Better now," she replied. "I'm deleting all his text messages, emails and photos."
Share Your Mental Health Experiences
Share your experiences with stigma of mental illness or any mental health subject, or respond to other people's audio posts, by calling our toll-free number (1-888-883-8045).
You can listen to what other people are saying by clicking on the gray title bars inside the widgets located on the "Sharing Your Mental Health Experiences" homepage, the HealthyPlace homepage, and the HealthyPlace Support Network homepage.
If you have any questions, write us at: info AT healthyplace.com
Carol Kivler suffered from a horrible depession, one that took 50 ECT treatments and 4 hospitalizations to recover from. She wants to share her story on this week's HealthyPlace Mental Health TV Show - live 2p CST, 3 EST on Wed., Feb. 24.
continue story below
- ECT: A Treatment for Treatment-Resistant Depression (tv show blog)
- 50 ECT Treatments: Clinical Depression Brought Me to My Knees (Carol's guest blog post w/audio)
Still to Come in February on the HealthyPlace Mental Health TV Show
- Parenting a Child with Behavior Problems w/ Dr. Steven Richfield (The Parent Coach)
If you would like to be a guest on the show or share your personal story in writing or via video, please write us at: producer AT healthyplace.com
Click here for a list of previous HealthyPlace Mental Health TV Shows.
- What If You Could Trash Your Bipolar Life and Evolve Into a New, Improved You?
- Emergency Preparedness: A Positive Way to Cope with Fear
- Keep Tabs on Your Goods with the ADHD Fuddy Duddy System
Feel free to share your thoughts and comments at the bottom of any blog post. And visit the mental health blogs homepage for the latest posts.
Do you have a child who is rigid in thought, can't go with the flow? It can be maddening and very frustrating, but as a parent what can you do? The Parent Coach, Dr. Steven Richfield, has some suggestions for turning your rigid child into a more flexible one.
Staff, H. (2010, February 23). ECT and A Courageous Recovery From Depression, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2022, December 1 from https://www.healthyplace.com/other-info/mental-health-newsletter/ect-and-a-courageous-recovery-from-depression