Stress of Caregiving: How Much Can A Human Being Take?
HealthyPlace Mental Health Newsletter
Here's what's happening on the HealthyPlace site this week:
- Stress of Caregiving: How Much Can A Human Being Take?
- Help for Caregivers
- Share Your Mental Health Experience
- Your Thoughts: From the HealthyPlace Forums and Chat
- "Difficult Issues Facing Adult Survivors of Abuse" on HealthyPlace TV
- "Raised By An Abusive Mom with DID" on HealthyPlace Radio
- From HealthyPlace Mental Health Blogs
Your loved one has depression, an anxiety disorder or bipolar disorder. You want to help, but soon learn that caring for a person with a mental illness is not only stressful, but it can lead you into the world of mental illness yourself. HealthyPlace member, Greentree, is mired in the caregiving experience right now.
"So here I am...alone, worried, and wondering when is the next psychotic episode, because I am the one who is gonna "lose my mind soon".
Since caregiving is an on-going process, many parents, children, relatives, and even those who do it for a job, end up being depressed and anxious themselves. If you are caring for a family member or friend with a mental illness, we hope the information in the caregiving articles below may help. And don't worry about the titles, the information contained in the articles pretty much applies to everyone.
- A Guide for the Bipolar Caregiver
- Dealing with Bipolar Mania: Help for Caregivers
- Taking A Break From Caregiving
- Alzheimer's Caregivers: Caring for Yourself
- Anxiety Disorders - The Caregiver
- Partnership Between the Psychiatrist, Psychologist and Caregiver
Share your thoughts/experiences on "caregiving" or any mental health subject, or respond to other people's audio posts, by calling our toll-free number (1-888-883-8045).
You can listen to what other people are saying by clicking on the gray title bars inside the widgets located on the "Sharing Your Mental Health Experiences" homepage, the HealthyPlace homepage, and the HealthyPlace Support Network homepage.
If you have any questions, write us at: info AT healthyplace.com
GreenTree shares that caring for his mentally ill wife is extremely stressful. Her psychotic episodes, suicidal behaviors, and frequent hospitalizations have cost him his job. He has no friends, and he wonders if he'll soon "lose his mind." Sign into the forums to share your comments.
Join us on the HealthyPlace Mental Health Forums and Chat
continue story below
You must be a registered HealthyPlace member. If you aren't already, it's free and takes less than 30 seconds. Just click the "register button" at the top of the page.
At the bottom of the forums page, you'll notice a chat bar (similar to facebook). You can chat with any registered member on the forums site.
We hope you'll be a frequent participant and share our support link with others who may benefit.
Still to Come in February on the HealthyPlace Mental Health TV Show
- Parenting Teenagers
- How an ADHD Coach Can Help You
If you would like to be a guest on the show or share your personal story in writing or via video, please write us at: producer AT healthyplace.com
For all previous HealthyPlace Mental Health TV archived shows.
Your comments and observations are welcomed.
- Verbal Abuse Excuses (Verbal Abuse and Relationships Blog)
- Bipolar: I'm Sorry I'm Sick (Breaking Bipolar Blog)
- Treating Anxiety. Self-care? Why Bother. (Treating Anxiety Blog)
- Release Your Inner Child, Release Tension (Life with Bob: A Parenting Blog)
- Managing Self-Sabotaging Behaviors Part 2: Communication (Dissociative Living blog)
- The Importance of a Kiss (The Unlocked Life Blog)
- Discovering the Truth Beneath My Eating Disorder: Part 2 (Surviving ED Blog)
- The Abuse of Psychiatric Detention and Its Complications (More Than Borderline blog)
- To Disclose or Not Disclose Depression, Bipolar to Employer (Work and Bipolar or Depression blog)
- When Anxiety Stops You from Trying New Things
- Shame and Electroconvulsive Therapy (Shock Therapy)
Feel free to share your thoughts and comments at the bottom of any blog post. And visit the mental health blogs homepage for the latest posts.
If you know of anyone who can benefit from this newsletter or the HealthyPlace.com site, I hope you'll pass this onto them. You can also share the newsletter on any social network (like facebook, stumbleupon, or digg) you belong to by clicking the links below. For updates throughout the week,
Staff, H. (2011, February 17). Stress of Caregiving: How Much Can A Human Being Take?, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2020, August 11 from https://www.healthyplace.com/other-info/mental-health-newsletter/stress-of-caregiving-how-much-can-a-human-being-take