Relapse of Psychiatric Symptoms
HealthyPlace Mental Health Newsletter
Here's what's happening on the HealthyPlace site this week:
- Relapse of Psychiatric Symptoms: How Do You Recognize It
- Share Your Mental Health Experience
- Your Thoughts: From the HealthyPlace Forums and Chat
- "Exercise Addiction" on HealthyPlace TV
- "Raised By An Abusive Mom with DID" on HealthyPlace Radio
- From HealthyPlace Mental Health Blogs
Relapse of Psychiatric Symptoms: How Do You Recognize It
For those of you who follow Holly Gray, author of the Dissociative Living blog, you know that she's been "missing in action" for the last couple of weeks. This week, Holly, wrote a short post explaining that she's been dealing with a recurrence of her psychiatric symptoms which necessitated her taking some time off.
Relapse is part of mental illness and occurs from time-to-time. The important thing is to catch the symptoms early and manage them effectively:
- Learn your own signs and symptoms of relapse. Keeping a mood chart or diary is a good way to do this.
- Make sure you are managing your medications. Taking the right dose at the right time. If you are experiencing medication troubles contact your doctor.
- Maintain good lifestyle habits. Stay away from drugs, alcohol, caffeine. Get some daily exercise and good sleep.
- Daily structure is essential and keep over-stimulation to a minimum.
These are great tools for relapse prevention. Here are some articles for more on the subject.
- Depression Relapse - Signs and Treatment
- Early Warning Signs of a Bipolar Relapse or Oncoming Episode
- Prevention of an Eating Disorder Relapse
- Anxiety Disorder Relapses
- 10 Most Common Dangers That Can Lead to a Alcohol or Drug Relapse
Mental Health Experiences
Share your thoughts/experiences on "relapse and relapse prevention" or any mental health subject, or respond to other people's audio posts, by calling our toll-free number (1-888-883-8045).
You can listen to what other people are saying by clicking on the gray title bars inside the widgets located on the "Sharing Your Mental Health Experiences" homepage, the HealthyPlace homepage, and the HealthyPlace Support Network homepage.
continue story below
If you have any questions, write us at: info AT healthyplace.com
Your Thoughts: From the HealthyPlace Forums and Chat
Eating to Just Eat. kitchedj says: "I could be as full as a tick and still crave salt or sweets. Anybody have any solutions to distract me?" There are several responses already. What are your thoughts about eating just to eat?
Join us on the HealthyPlace Mental Health Forums and Chat
You must be a registered HealthyPlace member. If you aren't already, it's free and takes less than 30 seconds. Just click the "register button" at the top of the page.
At the bottom of the forums page, you'll notice a chat bar (similar to facebook). You can chat with any registered member on the forums site.
We hope you'll be a frequent participant and share our support link with others who may benefit.
Avatar Raffle: HealthyPlace Giving Away Gift Cards
We are also running a fun contest on the forums. Check it out.
"Exercise Addiction" on HealthyPlace TV
Compulsive over-exercise, or exercise addiction, as some people like to call it, frequently comes along with bulimia - but identifying and treating it isn't an easy task, says our guest, Susan Moore, MA, RYT, Program and Exercise Coordinator at the Renfrew Center. That's on this week's HealthyPlace Mental Health TV Show. (TV Show blog)
Still to Come in February on the HealthyPlace Mental Health TV Show
- Difficult Issues Facing Adult Survivors of Child Abuse
- Parenting Teenagers
- How an ADHD Coach Can Help You
If you would like to be a guest on the show or share your personal story in writing or via video, please write us at: producer AT healthyplace.com
For all previous HealthyPlace Mental Health TV archived shows.
"Raised By An Abusive Mom with DID" on HealthyPlace Radio
Listen to Paula's heartbreaking story of child abuse at the hands of her mother who had Dissociative Identity Disorder. That's on this week's HealthyPlace Mental Health Radio Show.
From HealthyPlace Mental Health Blogs
Your comments and observations are welcomed.
- How to Encourage Verbal Abuse (Verbal Abuse and Relationships Blog)
- Bipolar Disorder and Working from Home (2/2) (Breaking Bipolar Blog)
- When Everyone Else is Perfect Except You (Treating Anxiety Blog)
- Children with Psychiatric Illness Require Thoughtful Discipline (Life with Bob: A Parenting Blog)
- A Note from the Bottom of the Cliff (Dissociative Living blog)
- Preparing For Change (The Unlocked Life Blog)
- Discovering the Truth Beneath My Eating Disorder: Part 1 (Surviving ED Blog)
- Borderline Personality Disorder, Relationships and Valentine's Day (More Than Borderline blog)
- To Disclose or Not Disclose Depression, Bipolar to Employer (Work and Bipolar or Depression blog)
- After Effects of Verbal Abuse
- Bipolar Disorder and Working From Home (1/2)
- Do You Suffer from Fear of Failing?
- Mental Illness: It Matters If You Tell!
- Do We Ever Really 'Have it Together'?
- Therapists Don't Always See the Whole Picture
Feel free to share your thoughts and comments at the bottom of any blog post. And visit the mental health blogs homepage for the latest posts.
If you know of anyone who can benefit from this newsletter or the HealthyPlace.com site, I hope you'll pass this onto them. You can also share the newsletter on any social network (like facebook, stumbleupon, or digg) you belong to by clicking the links below. For updates throughout the week,
Staff, H. (2011, February 10). Relapse of Psychiatric Symptoms, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2023, March 25 from https://www.healthyplace.com/other-info/mental-health-newsletter/relapse-of-psychiatric-symptoms