Mental Health Month Blog Party
HealthyPlace Mental Health Newsletter
Here's what's happening on the HealthyPlace site this week:
- Mental Health Month Blog Party
- Mental Health Experiences
- Most Popular HealthyPlace Articles Shared by Facebook Fans
- From the HealthyPlace Mental Health Blogs
- Feeling Alone in the World, What Would You Do?
- Latest Mental Health News
Emphasizing good mental health and reducing the stigma around mental illness is what HealthyPlace is about. This coming Wednesday, May 16, we'll be joining other bloggers in an American Psychological Association event. Our bloggers will be sharing personal stories and experiences; things they have faced in dealing with mental illness.
"I am living with bipolar disorder. I've been through eating disorders and addiction. Recovering from mental illness is not impossible. It is difficult, it can feel impossible, and the process is never easy. I always urge people to stay as positive as you can." ~ Natalie Jeanne Champagne, author of the Recovering From Mental Illness blog
The blog party is part of Mental Health Awareness Month. Our mental health blog homepage is here. We invite you to come by and read the various blogs and share your thoughts and experiences by adding your comments.
- Mental Illness Requires Treatment. You Can't Get Better Alone.
- Parents of Mentally Ill Children Have a Long and Difficult Journey
- What To Do If You Think You Have A Mental Illness
- Questions For Your Psychiatrist, Doctor or Therapist
- Adapting to Living with a Mental Health Disorder
- Free or Low-Cost Psychiatric Medications. How Patient Assistance Programs Work
- Coming to Terms with a Family Member's Mental Illness
Share our Stories
At the top and bottom of all our stories, you'll find social share buttons for Facebook, Google+, Twitter and other social sites. If you find a particular story, video, psychological test or other HealthyPlace feature helpful, there's a good chance others in need will too. Please share.
We also get many inquiries about our linking policy. If you have a website or blog, you can link to any page on the HealthyPlace website without asking us beforehand.
Here are the top 3 mental health articles HealthyPlace Facebook fans are recommending you read:
- Why Don't We Want to Shower When We're Sick?
- PMDD (Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder) Symptoms, Treatment
- Ways to Avoid Negative Coping Skills
If you're not already, I hope you'll join us/like us on Facebook too. There are a lot of wonderful, supportive people there.
continue story below
Share your thoughts/experiences with any mental health subject, or respond to other people's audio posts, by calling our toll-free number (1-888-883-8045).
You can listen to what other people are saying by clicking on the gray title bars inside the widgets located on the "Sharing Your Mental Health Experiences" homepage, the HealthyPlace homepage, and the HealthyPlace Support Network homepage.
If you have any questions, write us at: info AT healthyplace.com
Your comments and observations are welcomed.
- Speaking Up Will Increase Your Self-Esteem (Building Self-Esteem Blog)
- 10 Activities To Get Rid of Anxiety (Anxiety-Schmanxiety Blog)
- Bipolar – Attack of the Body Snatcher (Breaking Bipolar Blog)
- A Visit to The Psychiatrist (Recovering From Mental Illness Blog)
- Negative Thoughts Triggering Depression? Consider the Source (Coping with Depression Blog)
- Family Self-Stigma: Dangerous and Possibly Tragic (Mental Illness in the Family Blog)
- Mental Health Stigma: Prejudice and Discrimination (Surviving Mental Health Stigma Blog)
- Life After Schizoaffective Disorder Treatment (Creative Schizophrenia Blog)
- Letter to An Abusive Man (Verbal Abuse and Relationships Blog)
- Damaging Words: Why Not All Eating Disorder Blogs Are Equal (Surviving ED Blog)
- Dealing with Defense Mechanisms in Addiction (Debunking Addiction Blog)
- 3 Herbs Everyone with BPD Should Know About (More Than Borderline Blog)
- New SAT Questions To Probe MIQ – (Mental Illness Quotient) (Funny in the Head: A Mental Health Humor Blog)
- Stigma Surrounding Psychiatric Medication (Life with Bob: A Parenting Blog)
Feel free to share your thoughts and comments at the bottom of any blog post. And visit the mental health blogs homepage for the latest posts.
Living with depression is a very lonely feeling. For Lee Horbachewski, it led to multiple suicide attempts. But she clawed her way back. (Lee is author of "A Quiet Strong Voice" due out later this month. Watch: Feeling Alone in the World.
If you're interested in the latest published research in psychiatry, check out Journal Watch, a newsletter featuring clinical commentary by key opinion leaders internationally recognized for their expertise in the relevant topics.
That's it for now. If you know of anyone who can benefit from this newsletter or the HealthyPlace.com site, I hope you'll pass this onto them. You can also share the newsletter on any social network (like facebook, stumbleupon, or digg) you belong to by clicking the links below. For updates throughout the week:
- circle HealthyPlace on Google+,
- follow HealthyPlace on Twitter
- or become a fan of HealthyPlace on Facebook.
Staff, H. (2012, May 11). Mental Health Month Blog Party, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2023, November 28 from https://www.healthyplace.com/other-info/mental-health-newsletter/mental-health-month-blog-party