HealthyPlace Mental Health Radio Show
HealthyPlace Mental Health Newsletter
Here's what's happening on the HealthyPlace site this week:
- HealthyPlace Mental Health Radio Show
- Share Your Mental Health Experience
- "Science of Addiction Recovery" On HealthyPlace TV
- From HealthyPlace Mental Health Blogs
HealthyPlace Mental Health Radio Show
We have a new feature on the site - the HealthyPlace Mental Health Radio Show. It's a fast paced 15 minute interview where guests share insights into their personal experiences.
Our first guest was our own Natasha Tracy, author of the Breaking Bipolar Blog. Natasha is very upfront about the emotional aspects of living with bipolar disorder, feelings of hating yourself, and the use of the word "crazy". Listen as she reveals what it's like inside her bipolar brain.
This week's guest discusses the impact of living with postpartum depression. 18-months after delivering her baby, Sue Robinson still experiences the symptoms of this debilitating mental health problem.
Mental Health Experiences
Share your thoughts/experiences on any mental health subject, or respond to other people's audio posts, by calling our toll-free number (1-888-883-8045).
You can listen to what other people are saying by clicking on the gray title bars inside the widgets located on the "Sharing Your Mental Health Experiences" homepage, the HealthyPlace homepage, and the HealthyPlace Support Network homepage.
If you have any questions, write us at: info AT healthyplace.com
"Science of Addiction Recovery" On HealthyPlace TV
Our government health agencies spend hundreds of millions of dollars researching addiction treatment, but a vast majority of the findings never make it into clinical treatment programs designed to help addicts beat their addiction. Find out why and how you can become an educated consumer. That's on this week's HealthyPlace Mental Health TV Show.
continue story below
Watch the interview with our guest, Harold Urschel, MD, author of Healing the Addicted Brain and Founder and CEO of the Urschel Recovery Science Institute, currently featured on the HealthyPlace Mental Health TV Show website until next Wednesday; on-demand after that.
In October on the HealthyPlace Mental Health TV Show
- Bipolar in the Workplace
- How to Manage Your Teenager
If you would like to be a guest on the show or share your personal story in writing or via video, please write us at: producer AT healthyplace.com
For all previous HealthyPlace Mental Health TV archived shows.
From HealthyPlace Mental Health Blogs
Your comments and observations are welcomed.
- Hypersexuality Explained (Breaking Bipolar Blog)
- Choosing an Anxiety or Trauma Therapist (Treating Anxiety Blog)
- Parents Look for Signs of Hope for Mentally Ill Children (Life with Bob: A Parenting Blog)
- Dissociative Identity Disorder Treatment: Experience Matters (Dissociative Living blog)
- When "Sorry" Is Not Enough (The Unlocked Life Blog)
- Spirituality vs. Religion: The Role of Faith in Life with Borderline Personality Disorder (More Than Borderline blog)
- Setting Business Goals When You Have Bipolar or Depression (Work and Bipolar or Depression blog)
- Anxiety and PTSD: How to Set Goals, Heal Trauma and Find Anxiety Relief
- Survivors of Abuse Need Support, Not Rivalry
- Homework and the Mentally Ill Child (3-part series)
- New Doctors are Challenging for Long-Term Patients (Video)
- What a Lemonade Ad Can Teach About BPD Symptoms
- Supporting the Mentally Ill: Best Things to Say
Feel free to share your thoughts and comments at the bottom of any blog post. And visit the mental health blogs homepage for the latest posts.
If you know of anyone who can benefit from this newsletter or the HealthyPlace.com site, I hope you'll pass this onto them. You can also share the newsletter on any social network (like facebook, stumbleupon, or digg) you belong to by clicking the links below. For updates throughout the week,
Staff, H. (2010, October 21). HealthyPlace Mental Health Radio Show, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2023, June 6 from https://www.healthyplace.com/other-info/mental-health-newsletter/healthyplace-mental-health-radio-show