Do You Have A Gambling Problem?
Take this gambling addiction test to help find out whether you have a problem with gambling or a real gambling problem.
How to Recognize a Gambling Problem
It isn't difficult to determine if a person has a gambling problem. The signs of a gambling addiction or gambling problem are likely apparent to significant others surrounding the person with a gambling addiction. But to the gambling addict who's enmeshed in the world of betting, it's often difficult to see things clearly.
Gambler's Anonymous asks its new members twenty questions. These questions are provided to help the individual decide if he or she is a compulsive gambler and wants to stop gambling. Pathological gamblers usually answer "yes" to at least seven of these questions:
Gambling Addiction Test: Is Gambling A Problem for You?
Do you really want to know if you have problems with gambling. Answer these gambling addiction test questions honestly.
- Did you ever lose time from work or school due to gambling?
- Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
- Did gambling affect your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
- Did gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
- After losing did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
- After a win did you have a strong urge to return and win more?
- Did you often gamble until your last dollar was gone?
- Did you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
- Were you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditures?
- Did gambling make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?
- Did you ever gamble longer than you had planned?
- Have you ever gambled to escape worry or trouble?
- Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance gambling?
- Did gambling cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?
- Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
- Have you ever considered self-destruction or suicide as a result of your gambling?
Gambling Problem? What Next?
If you are concerned about having a gambling problem, even if you just consider if a "problem with gambling," print the results of this gambling addiction test and share them with your doctor, a counselor or therapist, or someone else you trust. Problem gambling can be helped with proper gambling addiction treatment.
- Gambler's Anonymous
Gluck, S. (2008, December 16). Do You Have A Gambling Problem?, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2020, April 7 from https://www.healthyplace.com/addictions/gambling-addiction/gambling-addiction-test