ADD-ADHD Resources & Information
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) is one of the most common mental disorders in children and adolescents. ADHD usually becomes evident by early elementary years.
Many ADHD children grow into ADHD adults. One big problem is - most adults don't realize they have ADHD until their child is diagnosed with the disorder; then they recognize the signs and symptoms of adult ADHD in themselves.
Without treatment, ADHD can have a profoundly negative impact on both children and adults. One fourth of children with ADHD have serious learning disabilities. For ADHD adults, the disorder can affect relationships, learning, work and other aspects of life.
At HealthyPlace.com, our goal is to help you learn about ADHD and to offer you support in managing your and/or your child's ADHD symptoms. We have in-depth, trusted, up-to-date information on the diagnosis, causes and treatment of ADHD in children and adults.
Popular ADHD Articles
New From Living with Adult ADHD Blog
- What's coming next? Scientists identify how the brain predicts speech
- Study questions benefits of long-term use of ADHD medications
- Flame retardant chemicals may affect social behavior in young children
- Novel dimensional approach uncovers biomarker for inattention
- ADHD: Large imaging study confirms differences in several brain regions
Mental Health Newsletter
Sign up for the HealthyPlace mental health newsletter for latest news, articles, events.