Homeopathic Anxiety Remedies Questionable
Homeopathy is a type of alternative medicine which uses highly diluted substances to treat a variety of maladies. Homeopathic solutions are known as remedies. Homeopathic remedies are thought to produce the same symptoms in a healthy person as those being treated in the patient.
Overall, scientific evidence shows homeopathy is no better than a placebo.1
Homeopathic Remedies for Anxiety
Homeopaths may recommend a variety of natural cures for anxiety as treatment is very specific to the individual. According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, some homeopathic anxiety remedies include:2
- Aconitum - for anxiety accompanied by irregular or forceful heartbeat, shortness of breath, or fear of death.
- Arsenicum album - for excessive anxiety that has no clear cause and is accompanied by restlessness, especially after midnight. It also may be used for perfectionists, including children, who worry about everything.
- Phosphorus - for an impending sense of doom and anxiety when alone. It also may be used for impressionable adults and children who are easily influenced by the anxiety of others.
- Lycopodium- for performance and other types of anxiety in those who are insecure, yet hide their low self-esteem with arrogance and bravado. It also may treat children with anxiety accompanied by bedwetting.
- Gelsemium - for performance anxiety resulting in diarrhea, headache, dizziness, weakness, shakiness and trembling, or trouble speaking.
- Argentum nitricum - for performance anxiety (such as before tests in school-age children) with rapid heart rate, feeling of faintness, diarrhea, or flatulence.
Tracy, N. (2012, January 11). Homeopathic Anxiety Remedies Questionable, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2021, March 5 from https://www.healthyplace.com/anxiety-panic/anxiety-information/homeopathic-anxiety-remedies-questionable