Are You an Obsessive Online Trader?
Online stock investment firms such as National Discount Brokers have already realized the addictive nature of Day Trading. Answer "yes" or "no" to the following statements to see if you may be addicted to online trading:
- Do you need to trade with increasing amounts of money in order to achieve the desired excitement?
- Are you preoccupied with stock trading (thinking about it when offline, anticipating your next online session)?
- Have you lied to friends and family members to conceal extent of your online trading?
- Do you feel restless or irritable when attempting to cut down or stop online stock trading?
- Have you made repeated unsuccessful efforts to control, cut back, or stop online trading?
- Do you use trading as a way of escaping from problems or relieve feelings of helplessness, guilt, anxiety, or depression?
- Have you jeopardized or lost a significant relationship, job, or educational or career opportunity because of online trading?
- Have you committed illegal acts such as forgery, fraud, theft, or embezzlement to finance online activities?
If you answered "yes" to any of the above questions, you may be an obsessive online trader. These are signs that you have lost control, lied, or possibly stole money just to support your trading behavior.
Why wait until it is too late to seek out help? Contact our Virtual Clinic today to receive fast, caring, and confidential advice for dealing with obsessive online trading. Our Virtual Clinic is also designed to help family members deal with the obsessive on-line trader in your home. Professional help is available directly with Dr. Kimberly Young, Founder and President of the Center for On-Line Addiction.
Staff, H. (2008, December 24). Are You an Obsessive Online Trader?, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2022, November 28 from https://www.healthyplace.com/addictions/center-for-internet-addiction-recovery/day-trading-addiction-test