Signs of a Sociopath are Big-Time Scary
Social predators live in societies around the globe. They're known by different terms, including sociopath. Despite the fact that there are signs of a sociopath, recognizing a sociopathic personality can be tricky. Just like predatory animals in nature, sociopaths know how to disguise themselves and be oh, so sneaky. Common sociopath signs include antisocial behavior as well as a complete lack of both conscience and empathy. A sociopath snakes through life, causing trouble and turmoil with every slither and slide. While the signs of a sociopath are big-time scary, it's important to know what they are to avoid being bitten.
Sociopath, psychopath, and antisocial personality disorder are all common terms for this personality disorder, and they're all similar. Some experts note minor differences and think of them as distinct conditions, psychopathy as brain-based and sociopathy as behavior-based. Others note very few differences between psychopath and sociopath and antisocial personality disorder. Whether one calls this person a sociopath, psychopath, or someone with antisocial personality disorder, the general signs are the same.
Sociopath Signs: He Looks Normal, Only Better
One of the signs of sociopathic behavior is that a sociopath, on the surface, seems just like everyone else. He's normal. There's nothing bizarre that stands out or warns people away, at least initially, so people don't immediately know the danger they're dealing with. Soon, though, the "normalcy" of a sociopath begins to look a bit too good to be true, especially high-functioning sociopaths.
A sign of being a sociopath is exuding charisma and oozing charm. Allowing a sociopath to be so incredibly alluring and fascinating is the fact that she has excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills. Watch for intense, captivating, unwavering eye contact, for it's a sign of a sociopath. This person can, with her charming, outgoing, dynamic personality, completely overshadow everyone in the room - any room.
A scary sign of a sociopath is that everyone seems captivated by him. Everyone loves the sociopath.
Deeper Sociopath Signs Are Scary As Hell
If the idea of being in love with a sociopath seems off-putting, it should (Sociopaths in Relationships: Dating a Sociopath). There's such a thing as too perfect. To help you avoid falling into the snake's pit, here are 10 signs of a sociopath to help you recognize one.
- A sociopath doesn't follow the rules. He believes that the rules, laws, and norms that exist for the safety and wellbeing of everyone in society don't apply to him. He's above them, so they mean nothing.
- A sociopath doesn't care about the consequences of her actions. She couldn't care less about what she does to you. She couldn't care less for any punishment she'd receive, either. That means nothing stops her from doing what she wants to do.
- He grows bored very easily. A sign of a sociopath is the need for change, whether it's new homes, new locations, new friends, new relationships, new jobs, new whatever. His life must always be sensational. He's a thrill-seeker, always moving on to find excitement when boredom hits.
- A sign of being a sociopath is impulsivity. She acts quickly and without deliberation. She also has neither time nor concern for assessing hazards; she's a risk-taker.
- The sociopath is only concerned for the present moment, the now. This is far different from serene mindfulness. A sociopath lives in the present purely for pleasure, excitement, and instant gratification.
- Signs of a sociopath are careless and reckless behavior. He does what pleases him and what will get him ahead. He couldn't care less who gets hurt or what the consequences of his actions are.
- The sociopath is also unpredictable and quite unreliable. If she commits to doing something but later decides that there's nothing in it for her, she won't do it. She won't apologize, either.
- A sociopath acts immorally. Cheating, lying, stealing, violence, and more are part of who he is and what he does (Does A Sociopath Cry Or Even Have Feelings?).
- To a sociopath, everything is a game. A sign of sociopathic behavior is the manipulating, calculating behavior that is part of the game. Oh, yeah. They must win the game.
- Sociopaths have been called loose cannons, which is an apt summary of the traits of a sociopath.
The signs of a sociopath are big-time scary indeed.
Peterson, T. (2015, August 11). Signs of a Sociopath are Big-Time Scary, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2020, July 6 from https://www.healthyplace.com/personality-disorders/sociopath/signs-of-a-sociopath-are-big-time-scary