Tips for Showing You Care
sex and intimacy
- Honor your partner's individuality
- Sign your letters: "Forever and a day"
- Attend a lousy movie, sit in the balcony, and make out in the dark
- Share a intimate part of your life together
- Change one bad habit
- Talk candidly about the differences between sexy and sensual
- Keep mistletoe hung in your home year-round!
- Give a vintage bottle of wine from the year of his/her birth
- Create a "perfect vacation" (your partner's definition of perfect)
- Challenge the cultural stereotypes of men and women
- Keep a wedding photo on your desk at work
- Ask your friends to list their favorite romantic restaurants
- Carry a copy of your wedding license in your wallet/purse
- A note: "Time and time again you amaze me because . . ."
- Write a list: "101 Reasons Why You're the Greatest"
- Have silly pictures of the two of you taken in a photo booth
- Camp-out in a tent together
- Make love in the back seat of a car
- Hold a picnic in a tree fort
- Take a relaxing bubblebath together
- Make love in a sleeping bag
- Don't go to bed and let problems go unresolved
- Make some sacrifices but don't martyr yourself for his/her sake
- Weave love, sex, and romance into the fabric of your daily lives
- Try putting yourself in your partner's shoes (figuratively and literally!)
- Experiment with sensual, sexy, and outright X-rated movies
- Read one book by Dr. Ruth
- Ask your partner to direct you very specifically in how they like to be touched
continue story below
Last Updated: 20 August 2014
Reviewed by Harry Croft, MD