Do I Have a Sleep Disorder? 12 Sleep Disorders Symptoms
Trying to figure out if you have a sleep disorder? Here are 12 sleep disorders symptoms. These sleep disorder symptoms may indicate you have a sleep problem.
In its simplest form, sleep disorders symptoms are defined as any troubling sleep-related behavior. The most obvious symptoms of sleep disorders are the inability to fall asleep or the inability to stay asleep, resulting in daytime fatigue. These sleep disorder symptoms, when presented alone, typically indicate insomnia.
Other sleep disorders symptoms include:
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Falling asleep at inappropriate times, like when driving or during daylight hours
- Excessive snoring, snorting or gasping sounds while sleeping (generally noticed by the sleep partner)
- Not feeling rested after sleep
- Headaches upon waking
- Experiencing dream-like hallucinations while falling asleep
- Loss of muscle control occurring with emotion
- An irresistible urge to move your legs while in bed
- Movement or speech during sleep
- An inability to move when transitioning from sleep to wakefulness
Tracy, N. (2019, September 8). Do I Have a Sleep Disorder? 12 Sleep Disorders Symptoms, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2023, September 28 from https://www.healthyplace.com/other-info/sleep-disorders/sleep-disorders-symptoms