Mental Health Bloggers Wanted
We are always looking for great mental health bloggers with lived experience. Please come back then and submit yours.
I'm Natasha Tracy, the Blog Manager at HealthyPlace.
If you’re a writer and want to reach a large audience of people interested in mental health, we hope you'll consider blogging for us. We are looking for mental health bloggers (paid freelance positions) in the following areas:
- Treating anxiety
- Binge eating disorder
- Bipolar and young adults
- Building self-esteem
- Coping with depression
- Depression and young adults
- Dissociative identity disorder
- Getting through tough times
- Parenting a child with mental illness
- Living a blissful life
- Living with adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder
- Mental health and youth
- Family members with mental illness
- Borderline personality disorder
- Recovering from mental illness
- Relationships and mental illness
- Eating disorders
- Mental health stigma
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning issues
- Posttraumatic stress disorder
- Work and bipolar or work and depression
- Verbal abuse in relationships
Note: You must choose one or more of the above subject areas and you must have lived experience with that topic.
Here are the requirements for our bloggers:
- We are looking for people with lived experience and a depth of knowledge in their topic.
- Your real name and picture will be placed on the blog. You may not post as “anonymous.”
- You must be 21 or over.
- You must be a technically proficient writer who can write compelling, original content. To give you an example of what we consider to be good writing, please see here and here.
- You need to be able to speak out on topics relating to your subject and be willing to share pertinent, personal experiences.
- You must be adept at doing videos. All bloggers are required to do at least one video blog post a month.
- You must be able to promote your blog via your website, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and so on.
- You must be able to respond appropriately to reader comments.
- You must be willing to make a one year commitment to blogging with us.
- You need to be reliable and self-motivated.
- Being able to use a blogging platform and knowledge of search engine optimization is a plus.
If you are interested and have what it takes, please send us an email (info (AT) healthyplace (DOT) com, subject header: blogger position) with the following:
- Your name
- Your e-mail address
- The chosen blog topic
- A summary of who you are, your writing experience, any blogging or website experience, your motivation for doing this, and what you might have to offer to our readers
- A link to your current blog or site (if you have one)
- A 350-400 word sample blog post on your desired topic as a Word document attachment; this must be included to be considered
- Links to your social media accounts
Please understand it can take up to a month to process your application due to the number of applications we receive. We appreciate your time and interest and look forward to hearing from you.
HealthyPlace Blog Manager
Gluck, S. (2017, April 27). Mental Health Bloggers Wanted, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2019, June 26 from https://www.healthyplace.com/about-healthyplace/about-us/blogging-for-healthyplace