"Prior to onset, my father had been a very loving and caring parent. By the time he was diagnosed with schizophrenia, I was receiving calls and letters that were openly delusional and references to the government and a conspiracy that involved my family and things like that."
Schizophrenia is a devastating brain disorder that affects approximately 2.2 million American adults. It interferes with a person's ability to think clearly, to distinguish reality from fantasy, to manage emotions, make decisions, and relate to others.
Another serious thought disorder is Schizoaffective Disorder. The symptoms of Schizoaffective Disorder look like a mixture of two kinds of major mental illnesses - mood disorders (depression, bipolar disorder) and schizophrenia.
While there is no cure for Schizophrenia or Schizoaffective Disorder, they are highly treatable and manageable illnesses. In the HealthyPlace.com Thought Disorders Community, we have comprehensive information on both disorders; from symptoms and causes to treatments and dealing with the stigma attached to Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective Disorder.
And if you're looking for an online Schizophrenia or Schizoaffective Disorder support group, we hope you'll join the HealthyPlace.com Support Network (our social network). Sometimes, connecting with others who have faced similar problems can be a great help as well as a source of comfort.
Schizophrenia Quick Links
- What is Schizophrenia?
- Types of Schizophrenia
- Paranoid Schizophrenia
- Schizophrenia Symptoms
- Schizophrenia Test Online
- Schizophrenia Diagnosis
- Causes of Schizophrenia
- Schizophrenia in Children
- Schizophrenia Treatments
- Schizophrenia Medications
- Therapy for Schizophrenia
- Cures for Schizophrenia
Effects of Schizophrenia
Schizophrenia and Drug Abuse
Schizophrenia Facts, Info
- Stigma of Schizophrenia
- Schizophrenia Facts, Statistics
- History of Schizophrenia
- Famous People and Celebrities with Schizophrenia
- Schizophrenia Movies, Films and Documentaries
- News Stories
- Schizophrenia Articles Library
- Conference Transcripts
- Videos on Thought Disorders
- Books on Schizophrenia
- What is Schizoaffective Disorder?
- Schizoaffective Disorder Symptoms
- Schizoaffective Disorder DSM Criteria
- Bipolar Schizoaffective Disorder
- Schizoaffective Disorder Treatment
- Living with Schizoaffective Disorder
- Schizoaffective Disorder Forums
Table of Contents
Other Mental Health Blogs
Symptoms for schizophrenia vary and their impact o...Read More
Schizoaffective Disorder What is Schizoaffective D...
Schizophrenia Symptoms and the Impact on Everyday...
Auditory hallucinations are a key sign of schizoph...
Seeking schizophrenia support in your local commun...