Comprehensive information about suicide. What to do if you're feeling suicidal, how to help the suicidal person, why people kill themselves and more. In addition, you’ll find suicide hotline numbers and other resources.
Suicide Hotline Phone Numbers
If you feel suicidal or you're in a crisis situation and need immediate assistance, people at these suicide hotlines in the U.S. are there to help.
- 1-800-273-8255 (1-800-273-TALK) - National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- 1-800-784-2433 (1-800-SUICIDE) - National Hopeline Network
- 1-866-488-7386 (1-866-4.U.TREVOR aimed at gay and questioning youth)
Information on Suicide Hotlines and Suicide Chat
- Suicide Hotline Phone Numbers
- Reasons People Call a Suicide Crisis Hotline
- Suicide Hotline: What Happens When You Call?
- How Does a Suicide Prevention Hotline Prevent Suicide?
- Suicide Prevention Chat: How Does it Work?
- Suicide Chat Hotline Options
- Suicide Help Chat: A Viable Option to Calling a Crisis Line?
- How to Become a Suicide Hotline Volunteer
- Considering Suicide? STOP!
- Feeling Suicidal? How To Help Yourself
- Coping With Feelings and Thoughts of Suicide
- Reasons for Living Can Prevent Suicide During Depression
- Author Chronicles Her Struggles With Suicidal Thoughts
Helping Someone Who Is Suicidal
- How to Help the Suicidal Person
- How to Talk to a Suicidal Person
- Is Talking About Suicide with a Suicidal Person Dangerous?
- How to Help a Suicidal Person: Take Them Seriously
- Helping a Suicidal Friend or Relative
- Handling A Phone Call From A Suicidal Person
- How Do I Help A Friend In A Hospital For Drug Treatment And A Suicide Attempt?
- How to Help Suicidal Older Men and Women
General Information About Suicide
- Understanding and Helping the Suicidal Person
- Depression: Understanding Thoughts of Suicide
- Frequently Asked Questions About Suicide
- Suicide Facts, Suicide Statistics, Teen Suicide Statistics
- Suicide: The Risk is Lifelong for Those Who've Tried It Once
- Suicide Risk Runs in Families
- High-Suicide Families Eyed By Genetic Scientists
- Why People Kill Themselves, Commit Suicide
- Why Do People Kill Themselves?
- Why Live When You Feel Like Dying?
- Facts About Suicide
- Suicide FAQs
- Coping with Suicide
Suicide and Mental Disorders
- Suicide Prevention: Bipolar and Suicide
- Suicide, A Very Real Threat to a Person with Bipolar Disorder
- Depression: Suicide and Self Injury
- Eating Disorders Linked to Suicide Risk
- Depressed Veterans and Suicide
- Schizophrenia and Suicide
Youth (Child and Teen) Suicide
Suicide Information for Teens
- For Teens Dealing with Thoughts of Suicide
- Teen Suicide: Feel Suicidal? What Now?
- Where Can Suicidal Teens Turn for Help?
- Teen Suicide Hotlines and Chat: Get Help Now
- Is Turning to Social Media for Teen Suicide Help A Good Idea?
- Teen Suicide Stories: You Don't Have To Become One
- For Teens: Dealing with a Parent's Suicide
Teen Helping Another Suicidal Teen
- How to Handle A Friend's Suicide Threat - For Teens
Teen Suicide Information for Parents
- Teen Suicide Warning Signs: What Parents Should Look For
- What To Do If Your Teen is Suicidal?
- Why Do Teens Commit Suicide? Causes of Teen Suicide
- Bullying, Cyberbullying and Teen Suicide
- Teen Suicide Prevention: What Parents Need To Know
- Teen Suicide Statistics, Rates, and Facts
More Teen Suicide Articles for Parents
- Why Teens Consider Suicide
- Suicide and Teenagers
- Risk Factors for Child and Teen Suicide
- Is My Child Contemplating Suicide?
- Suicide in Youth: What You Can Do About It
- Study Links Depression and Suicide Rates to Teen Sex
- A Suicide: No Warning Of Her Decision To End Her Life
- Parents Surviving the Suicide of Their Child
- Intervening in Child and Teen Suicide
Therapy for Helping Suicidal Person
After a Suicide
- Effects of Suicide on Family Members, Loved Ones
- Suicide: Family Members’ Grief and Loss
- Dealing with Anger and Guilt After a Suicide
- Coping With Loss: Bereavement and Grief
Gay Teen Suicide
- Gay Teen Suicide: Risk Factors, Statistics, Where to Get Help
- Gay is OK! What You Need To Know About Gay Teen Suicide
Books on Suicide
- Night Falls Fast: Understanding Suicide by Kay Redfield Jamison
- The Savage God: A Study of Suicide by A. Alvarez
- Healing After the Suicide of a Loved One by A. Smolin, J. Guinan
- Grieving a Suicide: A Loved One's Search for Comfort, Answers & Hope by Albert Y. Hsu
- No Time to Say Goodbye: Surviving The Suicide Of A Loved One by Carla Fine
- Prayers for Bobby: A Mother's Coming to Terms with the Suicide of Her Gay Son by Leroy Aarons
- When Nothing Matters Anymore: A Survival Guide for Depressed Teens by Bey Cobain
- Crisis center in your area
- American Association of Suicidology (AAS).
- The Trevor Project - Saving Young Lives. Aimed to gay and questioning youth
back to: Browse All Articles on HealthyPlace