Mental Health Information
Learn how to tell if you have a mental illness, what treatments are available, and how to obtain financial assistance for psychiatric medications.
General Mental Health Issues
- What is a Mental Illness?
- What are the Warning Signs of Mental Illness?
- Do I Have A Mental Illness?
- How Do You Know If You Have A Mental Illness?
- What To Do If You Have A Mental Illness
- Dual Diagnosis: Substance Abuse Plus A Psychological Disorder
- DSM-5 Changes – Neurodevelopmental, Dissociative, Feeding and Eating and Addictive Disorders
- DSM-5 Changes – Bipolar, Depression and Schizophrenia
- DSM-5 Changes – Anxiety, Obsessive-Compulsive and Trauma- and Stressor-Related Disorders
Mental Health Treatment
- Questions For Your Doctor
- How Do You Know If A Treatment Really Works?
- How Do You Know If You Need Therapy?
- Why Even Try Therapy? and Types of Therapy
- Who Is Therapy For and When Is It NOT Suitable
- Does Therapy Really Work? and How to Get Started
- How Does the Therapist-Patient Relationship Work? Plus Useful Organizations
- The Theory of Support Groups
- About Psychiatric Medications Treatment
- Psychiatric Drugs During Pregnancy and Nursing
Detailed Information on Different Types of Therapy
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, Behavior Therapy, Clinical Hypnosis, Group Therapy, Biofeedback
- EMDR, DBT, Marriage and Sex Therapy, CBT, Relaxation Techniques
- Adlerian, Existential, Gestalt, Rational-Emotive, Reality Therapy, Transactional Analysis
continue story below
Finding and Paying for Mental Health Treatment
- How to Find Mental Health Services in Your Area
- How To Pay For Mental Health Services
- Medicare Part D and Psychiatric Prescription Medications
Financial Assistance to Obtain Psychiatric Medications
- How Patient Assistance Programs Work
- List of Major Prescription Assistance Programs
- Drug Company Patient Assistance Programs
- Patient Assistance Programs Listed by Psychiatric Medication
- Drug Discount Cards
- State and Federal Prescription Assistance Programs
- Free Medicine Ripoffs: Consumers Beware
- No Need to Pay for Information on Free (or Low-Cost) Rx Drugs
Living with a Mental Illness
For Family Members
- Coming to Terms with a Family Member's Mental Illness
- How to Cope With A Loved One's Mental Illness
- Dispelling the Fear of Care-Giving
Faking Mental Illness
Mental Health Audios and Videos
- Created: 07 January 2009
- Last Updated: 02 September 2014
- Hits: 73814