About Emily Roberts, MA, LPC – Author of the Building Self-Esteem Blog

Emily Roberts, MA, LPC, is known by many as The Guidance Girl. She is a trained psychotherapist, psychological consultant. Her mission is to empower, inspire, and educate others. She is passionate about teaching her workshops about self-esteem and self-confidence. Her experience in private practice, academic settings and hospital settings helped her develop programs and workshops for children and adults of all ages, which focus on loving yourself and feeling your best. As an expert in the” millennium generation”, she frequently speaks to parents and schools on cyberbullying and technology related issues, as well as lectures on developing self-esteem and empowerment.

Emily splits her time between her private practice in Austin, Texas and New York City, where she leads workshops and is writing her first book. She has extensive training and experience in working with a variety of populations and diagnosis including; trauma, child and adolescent challenges, life transitions, spectrum disorders anxiety, depression, relationship stressors, and eating disorders.

In her weekly blog, she will provide you with skills and tools to feel your best. “Everyone can use a boost in confidence or self esteem at some point in their lives, including Emily herself. She will share with you the skills that worked for her and her clients.” Known for being approachable and straightforward, Emily is your guide to gaining the confidence you want to show the world, and the self-esteem to feel it within yourself.

Emily Roberts, Building Self-Esteem Blog Welcome Video

You can visit Emily’s Guidance Girl website. You can also find her on Google+ and Twitter.

This entry was posted in About Emily. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to About Emily Roberts, MA, LPC – Author of the Building Self-Esteem Blog

1. Meredith says:

Congrats on the new blog Emily! This is great! I enjoy your work and can’t wait to read your upcoming blogs.

2. I NEED HELP WITH LOW SELF CONFIDENCE AND FEELING DEPRESSED. I AM ON CELEXA AND XANAX AND DEPLIN. WANTING TO READ YOUR BLOGS. BEV

3. Hi Bev,

Glad you are here I hope you find the blogs helpful. Feel free to let me know of any topics you would like me to cover.

Take Good Care,

Emily

4. be confident says:

It’s actually a cool and helpful piece of info. I am glad that you just shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

5. Star says:

Like so many others who have contacted you, my self-esteem is in the toilet. I came across some of your articles while looking for books on thinking positive and self-esteem. I was just wondering if your book had come out already or when it would be available for purchase? I was also wondering how do I sign up to receive the weekly articles you send out or your blog?

6. Hi There! Thanks for reaching out. Book is still in the works-however, I do believe you can sign up on HealthyPlace or every Wednesday check back- that’s when my blog is up.
    Take Good Care,
    Emily

7. Freedom Tam says:

Hi, I come from Hong Kong . I have a question.
    Actually , I did many things why i can’t aware the feeling?

8. Do you mean that you cant become aware of the feelings? If so I am glad to help, sometimes we get so overwhelmed with staying in “our head” that we cant become aware of how our body responds to stress or get in touch with our sense of self. Once we do this we have a better opportunity to connect and learn what we need. Does this help answer your question?

9. Mary Kate says:

I agree with you about self esteem, confidence and its all up to the individual. I’ve just been diagnosed with Bi Polar. It hasn’t been easy the past few weeks but I’m determined to fight this head on and get back on track. I believe in myself and I will do this.

Enjoyed reading you’re blog :)

10. Freedom Tam says:

You mean I can learn to be happy and confident??
    It seems very abstract……..
    Compared with other,I always feel inferior or not good, I always depend on others . I want to learn how to become much more confident ,independent. How to do this? Is it possible?

11. Kathryn says:

Hi. I need some good material on helping my 9yr old w low self esteem. I’d love to do a workshop w her. We live in mass. But I’m willing to travel.

12. Coleen Harper says:

Emily, I’m looking forward to be involved in using your tools, as I have suffered all my life with poor self-esteem! I’m also ready to put some goals ahead of me to overcome many mental illnesses!! Its uncanny that Ive had all this turmoil in my life, but my entire childhood I was a champion swimmer from ages 8-16. So why can’t I apply myself today as I did then?? Yes, only Coleen knows that answer!? Time to be a Champion again, and putting ME first!!!

13. freedom tam says:

Hi emily, can you make a video for mental or physcial rehabilitant to build their self esteem, during the recovery period?