Eating Disorders Community
Eating Disorders Resources & Information
An eating disorder is a serious psychological condition. The sufferer is obsessed with food, diet and often body image to the point where their quality of life suffers, and their health is at extreme risk. Most victims of an eating disorder do not recognize that they have a problem and they will refuse eating disorders treatment and attempt to hide their abnormal behavior from others.
Treatment of eating disorders can take decades, so early identification may be the difference between life and death for the patient.
Whether you are dealing with anorexia, bulimia, binge eating or another eating disorder, we want to offer you authoritative, in-depth information and support your eating disorder recovery.
And we invite you to join our eating disorder forums and chat. Many times, communicating with others who have faced similar problems can be a great help as well as a source of comfort.
Popular Eating Disorders Articles
Eating Disorders Information
New From Eating Disorders Blog
Eating Disorders News
- Religiosity does not increase the risk of anorexia nervosa
- Women with celiac disease twice as likely to develop anorexia
- Researchers create model of anorexia nervosa using stem cells
- Even after treatment, brains of anorexia nervosa patients not fully recovered
- Anorexia: Deep brain stimulation may be an effective treatment
Mental Health Newsletter
Sign up for the HealthyPlace mental health newsletter for latest news, articles, events.