Welcome to “Your Mental Health Blog.” I’m Amanda Adams, Blog Manager at HealthyPlace.com.
The Your Mental Health Blog addresses concerns that are important to those dealing with mental health disorders. Our writers will be covering topics ranging from diagnosis and treatment issues to how to deal with mental health stigma and maintaining balance in your life. Whether you are living with a mental health condition or you are a spouse, parent, or loved one of someone who does, we’ll have mental health information that will be of interest to you.
The Your Mental Health Blog is a Different Kind of Blog
Two things make the Your Mental Health Blog different from other HealthyPlace blogs:
- Each weekly post will be written by a guest author.
- Instead of covering one specific mental health disorder, the blog will be open to discuss any and all aspects of mental health.
This should make for a very interesting and lively blog. We’re hoping you’ll fill in the “lively” part by sharing your knowledge and experiences in the comments section. And if you have any topic suggestions, feel free to share them by writing us at: ymh AT healthyplace.com In the “subject” line put: Your Mental Health Blog Topic Idea
I’d Like to Write a Guest Post for the Blog
We’d love to have you do that. The author may be any type of mental health treatment professional, researcher, a person living with a mental health condition, or a parent, spouse or loved one, or anyone else who has mental health information or a perspective to share with our readers. We do have some guidelines:
- Each article must be original works of authorship and cannot appear anywhere else on the Internet. Once the article is submitted to HealthyPlace and appears on the HealthyPlace.com website, HealthyPlace.com, Inc. will own the copyright to the article.
- The article must be well-written, range from 350-450 words, and include one image (relevant to the article) approximately 250×250 pixels.
- If you want to do a video blog, we need at least a 1-2 paragraph intro to the video. The video should be no longer than 3:30, with good lighting and clear sound.
- Each submission must be accompanied by the person’s real name, a picture of the author, a 2-4 sentence description of who the author is (please make it relevant to the article) and include a link to your website, blog, or social site.
Please submit your topic idea via email to: ymh AT healthyplace.com In the “subject,” put: Your Mental Health Blog Guest Author. Provide a 3-4 sentence topic summary and let us know who you are.
That’s it. The Your Mental Health Blog launches next week. Sign up for the HealthyPlace.com Mental Health Newsletter or join us on Google+, Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest to keep up with what’s happening on the blog and the site.