I'm Natasha, the blog manager at HealthyPlace.com.
Like they say on the tv show America's Got Talent: "So you think you have talent?"
If so, we hope you'll consider blogging for us. We are looking for mental health bloggers (paid freelance positions) in the following areas:
- Abuse Issues
- Anxiety Disorders and Treating Anxiety
- Adult ADHD
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Dissociative Identity Disoder
- Eating Disorders (anorexia, bulimia, binge eating/overeating)
- LGBT (relating to mental health and relationships)
- Living your best life
- Mental Health and Youth (teens, young adults with mental illness)
- Mental Health and Stigma
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Parenting a child with mental illness
- Relationships and mental health
- Sex Issues
If you want to write a blog or do a video blog on another mental health topic, we'll be happy to consider that.
Here are the requirements for our bloggers:
- We are looking for people with personal experience and a depth of knowledge with those topics.
- The position requires that you NOT be "anonymous". Your real name and picture will be placed on the blog. And you must be an adult (21 or over).
- You must be a good, intelligent, original writer. That means quality content that readers will find impossible to ignore. This is the most important foundation of a blog. Here's an example, from two of our current bloggers, to give you an idea of what we consider good writing. Blog 1, Blog 2.
- You should be willing to speak out, question what's going on around you as it pertains to your topic. You shouldn't be afraid to bring ignored or less popular aspects of the topic to the light. You must be willing to share pertinent information and personal experiences with others.
- Possess excellent spelling and grammar skills.
- Promoting: Creating buzz around your blog (through your website, current blog, facebook, twitter, google+, etc).
- Be able to respond appropriately to reader comments.
- Experience using Wordpress or other blogging software and understand how to structure and format posts so that they are presented in a clean and professional manner a plus.
- Make a one year commitment to blogging for us. Be able to generate 1 or 2 (your option) 350-450 word articles a week, plus one video a month. (If you don't know how, don't worry, we'll help you. It's easy.)
- You have to be reliable and self-motivated.
The above description describes the priority functions of the blogging job.
If you are interested and have what it takes, please send us an email (info (AT) healthyplace (DOT) com, subject header: blogger position) with the following:
- Your name
- Email address
- Phone number and best day/time to contact you
- Blog topic
- Summary of who you are, your writing experience, any blogging or website experience (include link to your site/blog), your motivation for doing this and what you might have to offer to our readers
- A 350-400 word sample blog post on your desired topic (word doc attachment). Must be included with application to be considered.
- Links to your current blog/website and social media accounts (Google+, Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin)
We appreciate your time and interest and look forward to hearing from you. Also, if you happen to know of anyone you think might be interested and qualified to blog with HealthyPlace, I hope you'll pass this onto them. (We will also consider video bloggers.)