"Honesty can be rough but it's the only way to go if you want a close intimate relationship."
What YOU can do to improve your relationships.
- Talk with your partner openly and honestly.
- Don't sacrifice yourself for the relationship.
- Take responsibility for your feelings.
- Know you can only change yourself.
- Be yourself always.
- Know your intentions behind your words.
- Communicate your wants and needs to your partner.
- Accept them as they are.
- Let go of absolute value judgments.
- Drop your expectations of how they "should" be.
- Listen with your whole body, mind and soul.
- Express your appreciation and gratitude openly and often.
- Examine your beliefs about love relationships.
- Use humor to defuse difficult situations.
- Examine your desire to control your partner.
- Have a dialogue about your beliefs.
continue story below
next: It All Begins with You