What is wrong with me?

What is wrong with me?

I am married with 3 kids.  I was sexually abused as a small child, and was adopted.  I dated my husband all through high school, and was very promiscuous.  I don't know how else to put it.  I always just chalked it up to me being curious, but I am starting to think otherwise.  I can't seem to stop thinking about sex, whether he is home or not.  I keep looking through personal ads online, even if I don't intend on meeting up with someone.  I just want the thrill of meeting someone for the first time, I don't know exactly what it is.  But, at home, I tell him that I want to feel wanted and not needed.  But, then, when he tries to show me how much he wants me, I yell at him for making it all about sex.  What is wrong with me???  I can see it, how much I hurt him and what I'm doing wrong, but yet I continue to do these things?  I don't know how to stop the urge to look, and I don't know how to take a step back and see what I'm doing to him.  I only see what he is doing to me.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

jspons1221
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: What is wrong with me?

As I wrote on your other post: therapy. The abuse you lived affected you and therapy is a way to deal with it.

"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
mariac
Maria Ro
Platinum Member
ranks
useravatar
2208 Posts

is it because your not attracted to him anymore?

bib
ASDLA
ranks
useravatar
66 Posts

Therapy is the only solution and you need to visit some therapist as soon as possible because it is ruining your husband as well as your life too.

Ethancrowe
ranks
useravatar
8 Posts

jspons1221,
I saw that you asked the question about what kind of problem you have.  As a recovering sex addict for many years, I can tell you that what you have described sounds like it could be consistent with the powerlessness over sex and life unmanageability that is experienced by those with sex addiction.  You may want to check out the booh "Out of the Shadows" by Patrick Carnes that explains sexual addiction very clearly.  There are even self-assessment questions ot help you decide for yourself if you should seek furhter help.  There are 12 step support programs in this area and some therapists have experience in helping sex addicts.

Conscious Dolphin
ranks
useravatar
17 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
Khushi Ansari
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Most Active Users: 
Chanda, mariac, SaraMarie, tirihashi, suzanna, Papillon, curridabat48, jcstoffer
Online: 
carteryaw, uucm7128

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked