Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective Disorder Information

Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective Disorder Information

Schizophrenia is a devastating brain disorder that affects approximately 2.2 million American adults. It interferes with a person's ability to think clearly, to distinguish reality from fantasy, to manage emotions, make decisions, and relate to others.

Read more comprehensive information about schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder:

Schizophrenia

What is schizophrenia?
What causes schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia: first warning signs
How is schizophrenia treated?

<strong>Schizoaffective Disorder</strong>

What is schizoaffective disorder?
Symptoms of schizoaffective disorder
Treatment of schizoaffective disorder

<strong>Related Information</strong>

Videos on thought disorders
Books on thought disorders

Visit our Thought Disorders Community

"When you're at HealthyPlace.com, you're never alone."

Schizophrenia Moderator
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective Disorder Information

Schizophrenia Moderator wrote:

Schizophrenia is a devastating brain disorder that affects approximately 2.2 million American adults. It interferes with a person's ability to think clearly, to distinguish reality from fantasy, to manage emotions, make decisions, and relate to others.

The above quote describes me or did describe me before pharmacological and one to one psychothearapy intervention from 1975 when I was 17 and to an ultimate extent still hinders my life in 2011. But to a lesser degree. I'm in remission for schizo-affective disorder and depression and am taking my pill meds regularly. Having seen the movie, "A Beautiful Mind," I know what I have was very beautifully and artfully portrayed on screen and displayed in a tactful way by Russell Crowe, the Actor. I thank God every day I am and can be active for I have insght that goes beyond my teachers and what 'normal people' see or think because I'm spiritually reborn as well and can benefit from my experiences in hindsight. I'm content and gaining ground on what my past denied me in good experiences because my life is going forward in great strides and emotionally stable in Christ! Dave Candel

Dave Candel

davvvyc
Mr.
ranks
useravatar
9 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
midnightangell
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Most Active Users: 
Chanda, mariac, SaraMarie, tirihashi, suzanna, Papillon, curridabat48, jcstoffer
Online: 
ghoward, lizthornburg, abbywood, ntracy

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked