I'm so tired

Re: I'm so tired

Depression can make you tired a lot. Feel like you have no energy or drive to do anything. I am going through that now too. I sure hope it gets better for all of us.

MrsUseless
Gold Member
ranks
useravatar
80 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

hi there same thing happening with me too. I am getting tired every day. may be because of work load. for that i listen songs to avoid some pressure but still feel tired. pls advice how to get out of it.

mark2012
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts

depression is a rabbit hole of fatigue and negative self-talk.
I too have been tired for years, I even thought I should be diagnoses with CFS, or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.  As a college prof (former) I would come home from school each day exhausted even though I sill had school work to get done.  I became slower and slower at teaching, getting behind in my lectures, not having papers graded, it became so overwhelming that I had to quit.  I am not able to do any job at this point because of the fatigue and so am on SSDI.  After years of rest, I believe my energy level is returning.
Do you  have a therapist and a psychiatrist?  They can put you on Adderall or Ritalin to help with the fatigue.  I am medication resistant sos get no relief either from the depressive thoughts, or the fatiuge.  But others have done very well on them, so I hope you have access to help.
Other than that, I have no ideas.  Depression pulls out every ounce of strength you have and can leave you on the couch or in bed for years.  Get some medication and see if it helps.
Some actually do make it back into the land of the living, and are able to function, at least some of the time.  I am lucky as I have made it to "some of the time."
Good Luck and God Bless

Angel5
ranks
useravatar
40 Posts

anyone here want to chat i need to chat with someone

dvdmaster1970
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts

I don't know when you posted, for me it says this afternoon at 4:34.
Right now it is aabout 1:30 in the am and I am doing the night owl thing after having a terrible weekend.
Last night I was also up most of the night thinking about what happened over the weekend, came to some conclusions, and made some changes this morning.
Got a nasty, expected reaction to them, so I expect my life will become even more stressful as I take the steps back into a divorce again.  But in the long-run I know it is the right thing for me to do now.
So yes, I am tired, yet awake.
I've been in the same spot on the couch almost all day and it suits me just fine.  I'm tired and I'm not going to feel bad about not getting a lot of physical stuff done cuz there is so much mental and emotional stuff to deal with right now.
So, I am here if anyone wants to talk tonight.....

Angel5
ranks
useravatar
40 Posts

For all of us who suffer from the fatigue that depression brings, we have to learn to live within our boundaries of what we are capable of doing....which many days is not all that much.
This may have been mentioned somewhere else on the forum before, so I apologize if I am repeating something that has already been discussed.
It's called "Spoon Theory."  Everyday each of us, no matter if we are healthy, or suffer from depression, or, perhaps are physically ill, have only so many "spoons" in our drawer.  For those who suffer from depression it is most likely that you have many fewer spoons each day than a "healthy" individual would.  Once your daily allowance of spoons is used up, you are completely fatigued and are not capable of doing more.  IF you make the mistake of continuing to go beyond your daily allowance of spoons you are borrowing for the next days drawer.  What will happen, is that within a day or two or three you will find yourself completely worn out.  You will not be capable of doing anything but just rest.
You have to learn to live within the limits of your daily allowance of spoons in order to help yourself stay as energized as is possible.  Extreme fatigue only makes your depression worse.  So when fatigue sets in on any given day, know that you are done being productive for that day and rest.
Even with depression you will have some days when you have more spoons than others, but compared to folks who do not suffer from depression, your number of spoons is greatly reduced.
So learn to listen to your body.  Know when you have reached your daily limit and then rest.
I hope this idea is helpful to those of you who really battle fatigue as I do.  I know it has given me a new way to look at how to structure my life, and so has helped me from over doing on any given day.  It has helped me to stay healthier, although I certainly would like to get more accomplished each day.  But frankly, that just isn't possible.
Learn to recognize how many spoons you have each day and when they are used up, it is time for you to find a quiet time, rest, nap, read....whatever is not physically draining.
I hope this little theory helps some of you to recognize your limits and learn to live within them.
God Bless.

Angel5
ranks
useravatar
40 Posts

I forgot to mention that one of the advantages of "Spoon Theory" is that it is a good way to explain to others how depression affects your life.
By telling other people about spoon theory, they can help relate to your situation. 
When explaining it to others, they will be able to relate to it as they know how poorly they feel, how lacking they are in energy when they are ill themselves.
They will be able to understand how you lack energy when you explain to them that they, too, have felt the same way when they are physically ill.
When you make this connection to your depression fatigue, and how they feel when they are sick, they will have a better understanding of how you feel due to depression fatigue.

Angel5
ranks
useravatar
40 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
JordanWoolacott
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Most Active Users: 
Chanda, mariac, SaraMarie, tirihashi, suzanna, Papillon, curridabat48, jcstoffer
Online: 
gayesiyle

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked