Abused as child many years ago

Abused as child many years ago

I was abused by an uncle who lived with us.  My father called me a liar and refused to believe this was happening.  My mom tried to get me help but my dad would not let it happen.  Now 30 years later, i'm waking up thinking what happened to me and angry that my father did not help me.  Why am i going thru this again so many years later.  How can i ever get rid of the anger i have for my uncle and my father...

jjf830
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Abused as child many years ago

Have you tried dealing with your anger with a therapist?  I find that things dont go away until we face them head on - including anger.

Jeremiah 33:3  "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great things you do not know"

suzanna
Suz
Platinum Member
ranks
useravatar
234 Posts

Jjf  - it is great you can reach out and ask questions about your feelings.   What you are experiencing is something i can relate to. I suppressed for many years my feelings towards my abusers, an uncle being one of them.   It is so awful your mother and father did nothing to help you process this horrible experience.  i found talking to a therapist who specializes in this area so helpful or by calling a sexual abuse helpline.   Good luck on your journey to heal.  Take care and look round on this site it has been very helpful for me.

justus
ranks
useravatar
49 Posts

I had the same question, why after all of these years is it hitting me and causing issues. My counselor told me because my body and mind decided i was just now mature enough and strong enough to handle it. I dont know if that helps any.

jcstoffer
Platinum Member
ranks
useravatar
182 Posts

I have been fighting this for years and finally today have decide to not be the tough guy and push it all back. I still feel panic from being tied up

geezer44
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts

First of all I would like to tell you that I am sorry ... and it was not your fault ...... I am currently dealing with the same feelings .... talking with my therapist about it and asking her about the anger I feel and why ... she told me that my inner child needs healing and "she" is trying to get it ... I have out bursts of anger ... similar to those of a childs tantrums .... she told me that is exactly what it is .... the little girl inside me that was abused is ready for healing and needs attention ... I am working with my therapist every week and it is helping so if you are not in therapy yet ... please consider it ... if you are not ready for therapy just yet ... trying keeping a journal .... any outlet no matter how small will help .... anything that makes you feel like a child in a good way also helps ... being abused as a child kept you from experiencing normal child things .... giving little (healthy and safe) child moments to yourself can and will help heal you .... for example ... I like to put on toe socks and run and slide across my kitchen floor ... silly? .. maybe ... but it feels good ..... and also .. a few days ago, as I was filling the tub to take a bath ... my sons bath toys feel in and ya know what? ... I kept them in the whole time ;-)

Parker
Cherish Parker
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts

My counselor told me the same thing. My child hood is pretty much not in my memory. Due to the abuse and lack of socializing I don't know how to have a relationship, not even a proper friendship. For that I feel alone and I have caused my own hell of isolation and even my wife leaving me. I am no good as a friend because apparently my sexual abuse gets intertwined and I can tell the difference or seperate them. I have caused my wife to want to leave me and I have run off my friends because of this. I am all alone in my fight right now because I was a bad husband a worse friend and am so far thinking not all that great as a person. I wouldn't have believed that this would have come to the surface and ruin everything.

jcstoffer
Platinum Member
ranks
useravatar
182 Posts

hi i have been abused as a child and adult i had never told anyone untill now and im 32 my husband is very supportive how do you deal with this how do you move on with out pushing every one away is it possible to get better

jypcleigh
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

It is possible,not easy but possible. I would get a counselor or thereapist to help. These are issues that will effective you and will be hard to face but need to be faced. I dont have all the answers if any really, but i lknow i needed to face mine. I still havent faced them all but i have started facing them and i think it has helped.

jcstoffer
Platinum Member
ranks
useravatar
182 Posts

It is possible,not easy but possible. I would get a counselor or thereapist to help. These are issues that will effective you and will be hard to face but need to be faced. I dont have all the answers if any really, but i lknow i needed to face mine. I still havent faced them all but i have started facing them and i think it has helped.

jcstoffer
Platinum Member
ranks
useravatar
182 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
katatchoo
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Most Active Users: 
Chanda, mariac, SaraMarie, tirihashi, suzanna, Papillon, curridabat48, jcstoffer
Online: 
mehrmantrout, dhoeweler, Alisha19

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked