self harm

Re: self harm

Collegegirl, congrats on being clean for a month. Thats truely awesme.My email address is This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

" Scars are souviners you never lose..... the past is never far...."
Goo Goo Dolls

Jennifairy
Jennifairy
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Thanks Jennifairy.

I have to agree with you that self-harm can be an addiction, and even if we`re clean- the addiction can still be there.  I have been clean for half of dec and now January- I havent had any urges yet and im happy about that.
my e-mail is This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

collegegirl23
ranks
useravatar
57 Posts

Hi everyone - it is so good to hear that others have gained control over si.   Sometimes it seems the only way to get rid of the awful pain is the body and head.  how have you gotten control?

justus
ranks
useravatar
49 Posts

Self harm is nearly always done to mask another pain, usually an emotional turmoil. You have to admit that other pain and deal with it, when it is gone, or under control at least, then you won't need to self harm.

Professional therapy is good advice, but if you can't face it or can't afford it - read all you can on the subject concerning dealing with your inner pains. There are plenty of self-help books in bookshops, on Amazon or in the library - but get recommended titles from other people who have been where you have been.

JaneJ
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Hi - thanks for your comment - You are right that therapy is good for us.  I am trrying to be able to talk about the pain of childhood abuse in therapy but it is so very very hard - i go numb.  But i will keep going cause i know it will get better.

justus
ranks
useravatar
49 Posts

Just be calm and relax friend to avoid such  thing which can make you irritated..

jannet
Jannet
ranks
useravatar
9 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
Gwendy
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Most Active Users: 
Chanda, mariac, SaraMarie, tirihashi, suzanna, Papillon, curridabat48, jcstoffer
Online: 
Eichendorff6780, Cristiano145

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked