Unpopular social subsets like illegal aliens (I mean beings from other planets), lawyers, and mentally ill people (MIPs), tend to attract bizarre, completely untrue mythology. For example, have you heard the popular myth that space aliens are lactose intolerant? This is simply untrue, and mean. Maybe you’ve heard the myth about lawyers eating their young. While not entirely untrue, it happens far less often than people believe.
When it comes to MIPs (Mentally Ill People), silly rumors and superstitions are rampant, which only contributes to an atmosphere of superstition, fear, and stigma. So, let’s have a look at some of the most persistent myths about MIPs (Mentally Ill People) and separate the square biz from the flapdoodle.
1. Roughly half of all MIPs (Mentally Ill People) are “faking it” to get attention, be assured of preferential treatment in restaurants, and gain easy access to the best parking spots.
The business about parking spots is a myth. Most MIPs travel in chauffeured limousines.
2. When two MIPs (Mentally Ill People) marry and have a child, the child is always normal. This is because two negatives are a positive.
It’s a charming application of Romper Room math but sadly, not true. However, when two MIPS (Mentally Ill People) marry they can adopt a normal child, which they can then drive crazy, just like it happens in regular families.
3. MIPs (Mentally Ill People) become loonier when the moon is full, just like werewolves.
No, but they are easier to spot when they’re walking around outside at night.
4. If you laid all American MIPs (Mentally Ill People) end to end, they would reach around the world three times. (Obviously there would have to be boats for the MIPs lying on the ocean.)
This simply is not accurate, although it does make for a thoroughly charming visual. The fact of the matter is; if you laid all American MIPs (Mentally Ill People) end to end, you would have a lot of people trying to figure out what the heck they’d done the night before.
5. MIPs (Mentally Ill People) developed rap and hip-hop.
While it seems impossible for rap and hip-hop to have been developed by sane people, it appears to be the case. MIPs (Mentally Ill People) did not create rap and hip-hop, so please don’t blame it on them.
More MIP Myth-Busting to come!